FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > SE Florida And The Keys Forum > What's happening?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 11-09-2007, 11:42 AM

Default Waroo kite size question

I am a beginner, kinda but I am coming down for lessons. I already have a 16M 06 waroo, an old Wipika 9m C kite I have grown to like (durable, Stable and forgiving) and I am purchasing a 13m 07 waroo. I am 185lbs and have a CrazyFly all around 145x41, should I be ok and which one would most likely get the most use? Thanks.. Polo.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:20 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Your time should be split between the 16 m on lighter days and 13 m on somewhat stronger days. If a strong system comes through you will need something smaller, perhaps even than your 9 m C kite (upper end around 22 kts.?). You can expand the upper end of C kites, to a point, through tuning and more advanced techniques. Still, I wouldn't recommend this to a new kiter. Depending on your normal winds in riding season, you may want to consider getting a flat kite around 9 m eventually.

We have had some unusual weather in the last few weeks. At 190 lbs. I've been on 7 m (a first and over two days), 9 m, 11 m and 16 m flat (not C) kites in that time. Most of the time has been split between the 11 m and 16 m with a 12 m flat kite being one of the more common kites you see in use. This winter may be unusual, time will tell.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 11-09-2007, 04:02 PM

Thanks for the reply Ricki! Me not having in the way of water experience but I do have a few kites, lOl. I have a LF 6m , Wipika 9m (Old Gear training kite low aspect w-battens), Waroo 13m, Waroo 16m and for them super lows a LF M80 20m which I got kite complete from Real for $199, lOl. If I need anything else I will hit Graham up! Polo..