FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

Old 09-13-2007, 01:47 PM

im going to try to keep a log.. do my best.. i always post on the forum (im slightly addicted obviously).. but i really want to try to keep a more detailed log and see how it looks at the end of the season. plus the forum could take a dive and lose posts, etc..

nothing too fancy.. but maybe could find some good cross referenced days where its blowing 25 at one spot and 15 at another and find some sort of trend..

im certain it will be interesting...

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa
Old 09-13-2007, 01:49 PM

I can contribute north county sess reports, as I usually do anyways. I'm out there quite a bit.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:36 PM

Count me in too, I spend quite a bit of time up north but venture to the south as well. I could definately benefit from the study of our microweather and patterns as I see the entire county as a place to ride.

On that note, there was a day last year that was really interesting. Was at Honeymoon for the morning and it was blasting out of the SW. I am sure it was going off everywhere. However, a big frontal storm came through and killed it. Waited there for an hour or two to see if it would fill in and never did. Very cloudy and absolutely no wind. Called some guys on the way home at East Beach and they reported sunny and blowing 20+ still out of the SSW.

Sure enough on my drive to East Beach the clouds lessened, the sun came out and the wind was there until dark. Amazing what a 45 minute drive can do. The frontal boundary I think literally stalled around north county with clear skies to the south.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Blow

Well It needs to blow Next Weekend!!!!! Linda and I will be down for some family stuff, but will have the gear in the truck! Watch out the PC Royal Era Kite crew is coming to town!!!!!! If it blows and anyone want to try out the new Royal Era kite just let me know, we have the 8, 10, and 12!

RS
Old 09-13-2007, 07:05 PM
popeye

Sweet you have the Era's? I thought you were into Eclipse. I rode the 14 and it was pretty good. It definitely does not go upwind as well as some other kites (waroos,hypertype,etc) but it jumps really well (better than the waroo) and pulls like a truck.

Once you get used to it, it's a really fun kite. I would definitely consider one for my next kite.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:18 PM

Default Nope

Nope, you must be thinking of someone else. I rode the 15 Hyper, 13 ozone, and 9 Atom last year. Loved them all, but really like the Hyper the most! Plus my girl loves the Era kites too and we just share the quiver.

RS
Old 09-13-2007, 07:22 PM

Accuweather is calling for 16mph on Sunday!!
Old 09-14-2007, 07:53 AM

Talking

Share your calendar:

Good idea Brian. My gmail address is "bryancwoods". You can send an invite to share your calendar. I'm interested in knowing how much people are getting out and I'm not aware, times, locations, etc.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:35 PM
Skyway Scott

That first night we rode the Era kite was messed up Tom, I still can't figure it out. It left me with a horrible first impression.
I am confident the Era goes upwind as well as the Hyper after Bob and I rode them at the same time, both on Glides, and we held identical tacks (several times with different windspeeds that day). Unless something really weird happens with a sleeper kite coming out of nowhere that's really good, I am getting a 14m Royal. Thanks to Bob's demos, I now realize it's an improvement over the Hyper.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:19 PM

what about the hyper2?

kite looks amazing in the graphics dept.

there are so many quality kites out these days.. its a tough call to plunk down that much money..

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa