FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 11-01-2007, 09:16 AM

Default waroo vs waroo vs royal

waroo 2008 11m vs waroo 2006 12m vs royal 2008 10m

winner without a doubt in speed, power and boosting........

royal 10m.

traded the 11m off with the 10m and it was like night and day. the 11m waroo is a GREAT kite.. but the royal is so fast and creates so much more power and boost that it takes the trophy.

hopped on my waroo 12m and realized how slow it is, tho its got a consistent feel .. waroo 2006 kites are still great beginner kites.. very predictable and does not overfly like the faster kites..

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa
Old 11-01-2007, 09:18 AM
Skyway Scott

Wow. I have a totally different take. Different kites for different likes.
That's why we need several brands and demos are so important.

I really love the 14m Royal, but have been disappointed with the 10m since day 1, in comparison.
Bob has very generously let me demo the crap out of both (thanks Bob).
It's a good kite, but not up to par with the 14m, in my opinion.
I loved the 9m Waroo (at my size it was the cherry) and liked the 11m too.
To me, especially at my size, the 9m Waroo is the competition to the 10m Era. When you compare those two, I thought the 'roo smoked it.
I actually bought a 9m 'roo yesterday.

Don't get me wrong, the 10m Royal is still one of the better kites made, I wouldn't even talk about a kite that I don't like, but for my riding style and size, the 9m Waroo was the winner.
One of the best 9/10m kites I have ridden. Never thought I would say that, to be honest.

I also wouldn't engage most like this Bryan, I just know neither of us has an agenda and it comes down to honest opinion.
Different people like different things. I bet weight is playing a huge role in this.
The 10m Era pulls like a truck (like most 13m) but does turn fast for sure, for a kite with that much power.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:32 AM

You guys really should try out these Freak Dogs. I have been riding the 10m Vicious all week- very stable, simple relaunch and good boost. Also great price point for high quality construction/materials. I would like to compare the above mentioned kites side by side and get your honest opinions. Maybe we can serve up some peanut butter & jellies & Sunny D and make an event of it! See ya at da beach!~Steve
Old 11-01-2007, 10:36 AM

for my 205lb ass, the 10m era shocked and amazed me with its power and speed.

i rode roys 10m royal in nuking winds and really loved it..

with yesterdays on-off winds and getting to ride it back to back w/ the 11m waroo it was pretty eye opening..

i didnt get to ride the 9m 2008..

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa
Old 11-01-2007, 10:45 AM

Default 10 meter Era

Yup I love the 10 Meter Era too, but then again I am 200 pds also. I can ride the 10 in 18 knots with my 138 UG with no problems at all. It's crazy I can ride the 12 in 14 knots on my 138 UG. The low end on the kites are amazing.

Next time I come down I will try to bring out the 8 meter Era with me and let you hop on that one Scott. Maybe that will be a better comparison with the 9 waroo. I have not rode any of the new 08 Waroo stuff. I really want too because the local shop up here always has them out for demo. Once I get a chance I will let you know what I think of the new Waroos and Nemis.

If you guys are intrested I could probably work something out with Emerald Coast Kiteboarding up here to bring down some of the new Naish Helix, and Liquid Force kites out for demo the next time I come out.

RS
Old 11-01-2007, 10:46 AM

I love the 10M Era. I ride it in almost anything: 13mph up to 28mph or so. Roy can ride the 10M with good power when it's blowing steady 20. On Monday, the wind was very gusty. I rode the 8M, and in the 15-16mph lulls was okay to stay upwind, and Roy was the same on the 10M. Of course, it's more fun to be consistently powered, but it shows the range of the kites. Regarding the new Waroo, I haven't ridden it, but Wayne, at the local shop has been riding the 13M for the past few weeks and the 9M just this week. From watching him ride, looks like a great kite. The new Nemi has some great feedback too, from the locals. May want to try the Roo and Nemi back to back if you are a Best fan.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:23 PM
Skyway Scott

Interesting stuff. Glad you guys like the Royals and Freak Dogs so much.
That's why demos are so good, to let people find what they like.

I'm not gonna be demoing my kite out, but Randy has a couple demos out at the SW all the time.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:28 PM

When Brandon and Stacey came in from Best I got to demo the 10 and 13? HP Nemesis... Very nice kite. No bar pressure, turned fast, didn't fludder in transitions and could boost as well. Definitely opened my eyes to demoing after riding Cabrinha religiously for a year. Makes the CB and SB 2006 series seem very slow.

Thanks to Cindy and Randy for letting us demo these last few days.

See you out there.

Sorry I missed you last weekend Roy, I was out w/ Katie and didn't have my phone.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:14 PM

Default Yo

No worries, I will catch you next time Bryan. There are a few guys that are going to road trip up here on the next weekend we get wind and waves. Call up Toby and Eric and come up with them.

RS
Old 11-01-2007, 11:31 PM

Thumbs up

Great reviews, can't wait to try the new Best, Royal and Freak Dog kites. I'm trying to get my hands on a 2008 10M Thruster for demo. I'll keep you posted, I haven't ridden them yet but they look pretty nice...