FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 10-24-2007, 07:02 AM

Default Caribbean Catamaran Kitesurfari 2008

Caribbean Catamaran Kitesurfari 2008

Join us on the trip of a lifetime spending 2 weeks onboard a 43 foot catamaran exploring and kitesurfing the stunning British Virgin Islands. The islands feature a choice of flat water or wave riding locations in 15-25 knots of wind as well as white palm fringed beaches, azure waters and a chilled out vibe. The catamaran has multiple living areas, ample deck space, a swimming platform, an on-deck shower, a sound system and spacious accommodation with private bathrooms and the IKO/BKSA qualified crew are on hand to provide kitesurfing coaching and support boat cover. The voyage is to take place late January, early February 2008 which is post peak holiday season, the middle of the windy season and also the middle of the surfing season. So, if you are interested in spending two weeks in paradise kitesurfing, surfing, snorkelling, swimming, exploring, partying or simply relaxing, check out the website at www.oceanfusion.com or drop me a line on 07767777336 or an e-mail at royce@oceanfusion.com

Old 10-24-2007, 11:41 AM

Looks like a good time. The roughly $2400 converted price tag, makes me queezy. I could live in central/south America for two months plus on that kind of dough. It's gonna be tough to pitch Americans on that one, given with the nature of our dollar lately. I'd go if it were $1200....
Old 10-29-2007, 05:41 AM

Default Charter Costs`

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the feedback. Yep, it is quite expensive and like you said the dollar exchange does not help much either at the moment! I juggled numbers in spreadsheet columns for ages trying to bring the costs down, however the cost of chartering the boat is such a huge expense, plus the high local cost of fuel, mooring fees, licences, food made it impossible. The trip is priced with very little margin for us.. One passenger short of a full boat and we will be out of pocket, however it is worth it just to do the trip again as last years trip was absolutely awesome!
Old 10-29-2007, 09:46 AM

Good luck with the trip this year! I'd go, for sure, if I were getting paid in pounds. The price is reasonable.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:57 PM

Talking DreAm TrIp

This looks like a dream trip to me
Just what I will need for my 30 Bday.
3 more years to wait :-)