FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

Old 08-26-2007, 08:33 PM

Default Cabrinha Vs Best

I was hoping I could get some advice on this. I am currently selling my cabrinha contra bow 12 meter on ikitesurf.com ($650 complete). This kite has been my one kite quiver for this past season and it worked real well for me. It is labeled as a "light wind" kite but since I had the 12 meter it was really my main kite and i used it in winds up to 28-30 mph (granted, I am a big guy).

Anyway, I had bought this kite used and I was really interested in updating my quiver and finally owning a brand new kite right out of the bag. Because my funds are limitied, I was thinking of switching over and buying a best waroo or bullaroo - I may even be able to afford two of these kites depending on how much I get for my cabrinha.

My question is this: I have only really experienced cabrinha bow kites since I started kiting. I was hoping someone who had experience riding both could tell ime if the waroo/bullaroo kites compare to the feel of the cabrinha bows I am used to with the pulley bar. Am I taking a step down in terms of performance or durability by switching to best kite? Also, I was wondering which kite performs better the bullaroo or the waroo. I'll probably go with either a 13m/17m quiver or a 11m/15m quiver with a 55cm bar.

Thanks

-Justin
Old 08-26-2007, 08:39 PM

Demo. I ride Cabrinha so I'm going to say stick with Cabrinha. People that ride Best are going to say get a Best. Both kites have their + and -'s so it comes down to personal preference. If you live in Florida, it'll be easy for you to get to demo the kites. If you're looking for a school to demo one at, let me know, most schools on this forum use Best or Cabrinha.
Later~Nick
Old 08-27-2007, 06:57 AM
Skyway Scott

Demo for sure. I personally don't feel their is a large difference in build quality or performance between the two, although a kite without the pulleys on the bar is going to feel different for sure.

The one thing I can say with confidence... don't let the 12 on the side of your Cabrinha be a barometer to judge what the wind range on (most) other 12m bow kites will be. If you do, you will end up getting all out of whack. You probably already know this.
The 12m Contra Bow is definitely more like most other brands 15m or 16m in terms of low end. So much so, that at one point, Donna had two 12m kites: The 12 Contra for 10 to 18 and and the 12m Flexi Ion for 15 to 25.

I actually think the 12m Contra was bigger because we repeatedly laid it next to other 15m kites on the beach and they were about the same size. Even if not, it sure flew like a bigger kite. Keep this in mind when doing a demo.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:07 PM

Default Cabrinha VS Best

I was a diehard cabrinha crossbow kiter for two years and you could not get me on a best...but then I was in key west with my friend Rush out on the flats and I had my crossbows and he had his waroos..I tried the best kite and at first I could not get use to the no bar pressure feeling but after a couple hours ..I could no longer like the heavy bar pressure of the crossbow...I sold all my Crossbows in which I always have two complete quivers of kites 2-16m, 2-12m ect all the way to my size 7 's.. I went with all the new Bularoos because they are made a little tougher and also are one pump...I am now a diehard Best kite fan but I do try every new kite I can get my hands on...My hands no longer after kiting for three days straight have anyblisters and the Best turn alot faster...the best relaunch a little harder but once you learn the secret they relauch good...best turn faster and I think are tougher kites..Mine do go down in surf (because of my inabilities) and I have not ripped out a panel yet ...Hope this helps you out..
Old 08-30-2007, 06:05 PM

Talking Best Pro-Kiteboarding Center Kite Sale

Just read your comments as I was starting to let all of you know I am having a LABOR DAY KITE SALE on the BEST kites. So if you decide to get a BEST kite, let me know and I will hook you up this weekend. 20% OFF of my Waroo's Size 9m thru 15m. Also we sell the YARGA HYBRID and PRO-WAROO kites, so as long as I have it in stock, it's on SALE.
Cindy
CALL ME AT 727-458-3502
BEST PRO-KITEBOARDING CENTER ON THE WEST COAST, FL
SURF SHACK SIDE WALK SALE
5210 Gulf Blvd.
St. Pete Beach, FL
( Have BEST kiteboards and Crazy Fly Boards as well)
Old 08-31-2007, 08:43 AM

you will be able to demo cabrinha kites starting in october in Miami and Key West kitehouse locations, as well i will be in Mathison alot this winter and so will the demo truck. Ride it, make your choice on what you have experenced, not just heard.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:49 AM

Default which is better

Both are excellent kites......Best has the least bar pressure for sure unless you are flying an Omega 1 to 1 on the bar. The Switchblade has less bar pressure as well. The Waroo and Bularoo seem to have perfect bar pressure and a higher top end and turning speed. The Cabrinha's are know for stability but the Best kites are stable as well. It's kind of like IBM or MAC.....what you start on you usually stay on......except for Sandibottom AKA Harry Balz.........and don't let him fool you.....he does board offs at 30 feet and toeside front roll transitions with kiteloops and seldom misses any of them! Both kites have great de-power so the choice is yours.....be sure to test ride them both. The proof is in the pudding......
Rushman