FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

Old 01-06-2009, 09:36 AM

My gut reaction, like most, is to advise you to NOT do the interview. Nothing good will come of it. You will hope to come off looking better to your peers. (they are the only ones who remember, the public has forgotten about you.) And your peers are telling you to STFU.

However, it would be interesting to find out if they are going to use your accident footage with or without you. Because, if they use the footage and some of your old interviews...that is more bad press. If that is the case, you should tell them to call Rick instead. As a local rider and known safety advocate, he would offer the best representation for kiting (and your accident) on that show.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:28 PM

Angry pissed

this post brings out the flames of hades out of me . All of you guys that are bitching and pointing fingers at Kevin needs to go **** off, it was a accident, watch the video he's not the only person out that day,A handful of us was out that day in Nassau too.everyone who lives near the coast line and have experienced hurricanes know right before it hits or passed it brings Epic conditions, yall talking shit, bout, " oh! you're making the sport look bad giving it a bad name" **** YOU!! you guys are acting like he went out and deliberately or have some hidden agenda to destroy the image of kiteboarding.You guys come on here talking like you're without sin and practice safe riding all the time, NONE!! of us are without sin all of us do big boost or tricks near the beach or launch and land our kites in places where we know we shouldn't,the only difference between us and Kevin is that we are lucky that we haven't gotten hurt yet.What happen to Kevin could of happen in a normal kite session when the winds are strong.Can't believe you used tampons are trying to tell Kevin what to say on his next interview or bitching because he's going on another, Kevin! why the **** are you explaining yourself to these, sit down when they pee pussies, you don't need to justify or explain your action to no one dude. Do what the **** you want and say the **** you want, this is free country.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrayFaWind27 View Post
this post brings out the flames of hades out of me . All of you guys that are bitching and pointing fingers at Kevin needs to go **** off, it was a accident, watch the video he's not the only person out that day,A handful of us was out that day in Nassau too.everyone who lives near the coast line and have experienced hurricanes know right before it hits or passed it brings Epic conditions, yall talking shit, bout, " oh! you're making the sport look bad giving it a bad name" **** YOU!! you guys are acting like he went out and deliberately or have some hidden agenda to destroy the image of kiteboarding.You guys come on here talking like you're without sin and practice safe riding all the time, NONE!! of us are without sin all of us do big boost or tricks near the beach or launch and land our kites in places where we know we shouldn't,the only difference between us and Kevin is that we are lucky that we haven't gotten hurt yet.What happen to Kevin could of happen in a normal kite session when the winds are strong.Can't believe you used tampons are trying to tell Kevin what to say on his next interview or bitching because he's going on another, Kevin! why the **** are you explaining yourself to these, sit down when they pee pussies, you don't need to justify or explain your action to no one dude. Do what the **** you want and say the **** you want, this is free country.
thanks I originally posted to get some senior members suggestions on what I should say if I do the interview.

I've contacted members privately with discovery's responses. They will be doing the show with or without my interview. There will be noaa meteorologists discussing fay and storm conditions it will be nice to have the kiters input along with theirs. If i do the interview i'll have proper input from safety gurus.

Its going to be an informational show. I'll do what I can and if the show seems flaky i wont do it. Thanks for the input so far everyone the decision will be up to me
Old 01-06-2009, 05:50 PM

Prayforwind i think you need to pray for more kitting and less stress, what a rage...interesting
Old 01-06-2009, 06:01 PM

p.s. something to ponder.....you are responsible for what you do, you take risks, well we are all held responsible for what the result is, like it or not. This accident has been used a platform now to show how dangerous kiteboarding is and why you should not be alllowed to do it in places. So right , wrong or otherwise, being in that condtion in onshore, with huricane, you know the risk you are taking and chancing, so you have to deal with the results. NO one made the choice for him, no one wanted to see him hurt, but fact is he screwed up, the world saw it and some real bad interviews, so is better to let this go.....look defensive the media will eat you

look at this another way, what if that happened and the kiter hit someone else and hurt them or worse and the kiter wasnt hurt bad....how would the reaction be? It could have happened that way you know

just take responsiblity for what you do and think about the risk before you do it and be prepared to be responsible for yourself after
Old 01-06-2009, 06:48 PM

Default Take one for the team

Kevin

No matter how media savy a person is, the media can and will slant the interview to conform to what they want to say, not what you want to get across. AND, they have the tool of post-production editing. You can't win. The show they propose is meant to grab the audience with sensational footage. Do you think that the production staff really wants to hear your side of the story now that you've had a few months to think about it? Besides, I 'll re-iterate what another poster said. They're going to replay the video, with or without you.

So, IMO, just lay low. Live to kite a smarter day. Take one for the team.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:12 PM

Man, prayfawind, you really oughta calm down. Like I said in the original post I made-I'm being nice, and trying to be political. He asked for opinions. I gave my opinion that he shouldn't do the interview. I in no way commented on his kiting or the conditions he rode in. I commented on what has happened in his other interviews. They didn't end positively. Sorry that Kevin wanted a "senior member response", which I'm not. I've only been in the sport for a year. But, it doesnt take a senior kiter to know that the media will sway things the way they want, and that Kevin's interviews didn't portray us in a positive light.
I again say don't do the interview. Let someone like Rick who studies kiteboarding sagety do it. And prayfawind, there was no attack here, so calm down.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:17 PM

kite free or die
do what you want kev
i love freedom!
Old 01-07-2009, 07:08 AM

Hey Kevin,
The reality of this situation is that you're going to do what you want. But each time you open your mouth up with the media, you hurt the kite boarding community. The only supporters that you have left are other morons that can't seem to control their kites and land themselves into objects as well. If you want to be "that guy" for the rest of your life, then go on tv. Otherwise let time pass and get off the radar.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:22 AM

Default zero or hero?

zero