FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Tampa Bay Area Lost and Found
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 04-27-2006, 05:57 PM

Default Missing Yellow Undergound 157

I was riding Cypress this afternoon and switched out boards around 330. I left my Yellow Underground 157 on the beach just upwind of the flats to the north. When I came in at 5 it was gone. If anybody picked it up or finds it floating or sees it for sale somewhere please let me know. My name and phone number is on the deck. Thanks. Bruce. 813 258 0149.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:33 PM
Skyway Scott

Bruce basically had his board stowed off of the beaten path and somewhat hidden in case the wind slowed as a backup light wind board and some loser STILL stole it. Unreal.

Theft has been here since day one (I had everything stolen once five yrs. ago), but seems to be picking up its pace lately. Total crap.
I think people are realizing the obvious - - That once we hit the water, we are out there for awhile, and our stuff is easy pickings. Time to start being more secure. Unfortunate we have to even think that way.
If it doesn't show up soon Bruce, we have an order in for 3 aggressions, lemme know.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:56 PM

WTF!!??

When I left there was an older guy in a white tank top watching you. I saw when you switched out boards...thought you were leaving for the day..then you were back on the water w/ red board.

I absolutely would recognize that guy if I saw him. He was old, in his late 60s at least. I am not sure who that group of people were that were out on the lawn by the parking area with their computer equipment, but they might have seen something.

****ing ridiculous that this happened.

I had all my shit in my kite bag at the point ... I kept an eye on it on occasion..but usually was not paying much attention.

Very sorry to hear about this....

Bryan

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa
Old 04-27-2006, 10:17 PM

Sorry about the board getting ripped off Bruce..
The government building adjacent to the park has high tech surveilance equipment, maybe worth asking the guards if the tape could be reviewed, after all the theft is technically a felony.
Maybe Adrien at UG will replace the board at a discount. Worked with Jimmy Lewis, lets see how generous Kiwi's are.

More thefts.
Fence Steve got his wallet stolen from his car at IRB today.

Good idea to keep your valuables out of sight and your gear secure and away from sticky fingers.
Hope the board(s) turn up eventually.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:35 PM

Yeah, and those BASTARDS got my Sobe, Gatorade, and Cool Ranch Doritos! Thanx for lunch Windrad... I owe ya one.
Chris-It was really honkin' after you left, and I'm glad to hear you guys made it on the DW.
East Beach should be the spot for the next few days, see you there!
Old 04-27-2006, 10:46 PM

Yeah it really filled in at Cypress, but it was really gusty. I got lofted on the DW about 10 feet in the air. I wasn't worried about the height but the oyster beds below had me concerned. I stubbed the hell out of my toe just before the DW and it is still swollen and painful. I might have broken it. My riding may be limited until it heals.

This theivery is getting out of control. I can't wait until I catch some one stealing my stuff or one of my bro's. I have a lot of built up anger that needs to be released.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:28 PM
Skyway Scott

I am in for kicking some thievery ass too.
These guys are scum of the earth and deserve it.
What are they gonna do with a f#%#@@ kiteboard anyway? Man, it pisses me off.

All this poker (playing right now) is building up some major aggression/angst that I would love to vent on these losers as well.

I told Bruce about the cameras earlier today, good idea. We will find out soon, I hope, if this loser is on film. The dude in the tank top was there yesterday and the day before as well. I think he is interested in taking lessons, actually.
I was riding up in that area and saw him. That would be ballsy. We will see.

Besides that, Donna had a great time out there on the 10m Turbo Diesel.
I am planning a night ride Friday night. Should be nukin. Bayflite?
Old 04-28-2006, 07:34 AM

I spoke with the dude in the tank top and he did seem interested in lesons and learning more about kiteboarding. I refered him over tot he guy with the RV that had a sign that ready Kiteboarding lessons.

Also, I've seen this guy with the tank top many times out at the beach. He always brings a book and sits alone far from anyone else and reads. Not a likely suspect.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:48 AM
Skyway Scott

I agree. If anything maybe he saw something, if we are lucky.
I have ridden Cypress 4 times in the last ten days or so.
I think he was there every single time.
Don't worry, without visual proof of a board (in car or something) I wouldn't ever accuse him or anyone of stealing it (if you are worried Chris and I are loose, angst ridden cannons :shock: )
Old 04-28-2006, 08:09 AM

Thieves suck! Sorry to hear about your board Bruce. I have almost the exact same board, yellow but mine is a 158. Also, Steve got the last of his money stolen along with all of his credit cards and such in his wallet and is now broke for a few days. Steve is the first person to give when he has money and someone else is down and I bet Bruce is the same way. Let's think about a collection (to help with gas and lunch for Steve for the next few days with wind and if Bruce's board doesn't show up just like we did for Al with the Jimmy Lewis board) to help them when they are down...who's in?