FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > SE Florida And The Keys Forum > Session Report!
Connect with Facebook

Old 03-14-2007, 08:42 PM

Exclamation Do you Kiteboard in South East Florida?

Stand up and be counted!

Perhaps the lack of chat here in the South East section is due to the FABULOUS March winds we've been having.

But it shouldn't take flat spells to bring us together. I know we all check the forum Often ~ Thanks Rick

So~ Do it, Show some support for the site and your section of the state.

Lets keep it easy, Add any ideas or thing(s) you'd like to see:

Beach/Lake/River
Quiver

Palm Beach County ( mostly kite from Lake Worth to Boynton Beach)
Been kiteboarding 3.5 years (Tried back in 2001 & I'll NEVER forget those frightfull days)
Mostly beaches (although I picked up a landboard)
All BEST Equipment
13 Waroo Pro
11/9 Waroo 07
135 X 44 Float
127 X 41 Float
Old 03-15-2007, 04:56 AM

Default keys here

Happy hanging out in Marathon. I can usually be found between Anns beach and key west. Looking for a place to launch in a north wind? look me up.

been kiting for about 2 years

flying cabrina swithblades and riding an old mako board and imperial 138
________
EVELINES

Last edited by kabo123; 08-11-2011 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:10 AM
ruffridah89

wow, finally. I got the "Chills" when there was a new post on the SE forum. Amazing. Yea, really. The forum in SE was insipid for about a while now. Your right, its those nukin' days we've been having in March(best month so far in the season)

Years kiting: 2years
Beache/s: Matheson Hammocks and Crandon
Quiver: What quiver? I own a '05 best yarga and a Cabrinha prodigy 158. Damn right I'm a cheap, prodigal college student!
Old 03-15-2007, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabo123 View Post
Happy hanging out in Marathon. I can usually be found between Anns beach and key west. Looking for a place to launch in a north wind? look me up.
Anns Beach, Now thats a GR8 place to ride!
I had the chance to ride @ Bahia Honda (but I haven't had a chance to kite the surf, I've heard about on a STRONG south wind)

Sombrero Beach, Good spot on the weekdays. Too busy on the weekends

And Anns Beach, I thought that place what the chit! Tight on the parking which is cool as long as your there first. Keeps the crowd down

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiar2000 View Post
Wow, finally. I got the "Chills" when there was a new post on the SE forum. Amazing.

What quiver? Damn right I'm a cheap, prodigal college student!
Crandon, I'd like to hit that spot up. I tried to set up my IKO level III cert w/Miamikiteboarding @ Crandon back in Dec.

Matheson, nasty little launch. But GR8 place to ride. I was actually there ALL day Tues 3-13 and had a BLAST!

Glad to see that there are someother Kite junkies in the South East section of FL.

Keep the posts going!
Old 03-15-2007, 03:25 PM
ruffridah89

Yea, Matheson can get way out of hand. There are many inexperienced riders(no offense to anybody) and they can potentially cause problems.
But its shallow, and I love it.
Yea, go by down to Crandon. When its sunny and windy, man, your in for a treat!
-Danny
Old 03-15-2007, 09:00 PM

Location: Mainly Crandon, I just got a weekend job with Miami Kiteboarding so I spend my weekends there making some extra cash and riding a bit. If you guys might need anything, I work there so feel free to ask. Also,
My girlfriend has a place in the Keys (mile marker 64) so I ride there when I can.

Years Kiting: a little under 1. Had my first takes in Oregon (the gorge)

Beach/Lake/River: beach. Im not too much of a freshwater lake kind of guy.

Quiver: North Rebel 12m 07 and Slingshot Link 15m 07. Naish THorn 134 07. North Jamie 126 06.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:01 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Great idea Mike, thanks for posting this!

Anyway, I started kitesurfing in Boca Raton and have been trying to figure it out for the last 8 1/2 years. I spend most of my time at the beach in the waves by choice. I've gone through almost 50 kites since the summer of 1998. These days I split my time between a 14 m Contra, 11 m Waroo Pro and a 9 m Switchblade. Looking for one of those jet-assisted kites for my next quiver.

We have more riders in SE Florida than the rest of the State I think. Come on guys, step up and be recognized. Tell us about yourself.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi

Last edited by ricki; 03-16-2007 at 04:49 PM.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffles View Post
Location: Mainly Crandon, I just got a weekend job with Miami Kiteboarding so I spend my weekends there.
My girlfriend has a place in the Keys (mile marker 64) so I ride there when I can.
Had my first takes in Oregon (the gorge)
Another Crandon rider & one that PT's at Miamikiteboarding, Perhaps you could tell me the best time to hook up w/ Christophe so I could take/complete my IKO III cert and ride Crandon w/you all

Mile Marker 64: Long Key? Wherever it is in the Keys, it's gotta be good

The Gorge: Heck of a place to have your first try @ Kiteboarding, I'll bet the scenery is incredible

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickI View Post
I started kitesurfing in Boca Raton and have been trying to figure it out for the last 8 ½ years. I spend most of my time at the beach in the waves by choice. I've gone through almost 50 kites since the summer of 1998.
Looking for one of those jet-assisted kites for my next quiver.
My pleasure Rick, Anything to breath some life into the SE section and perhaps bring a few fellow kiters together for some GR8 riding & Memories

8.5 years ~Right On~ your defiantly from the school of hard knocks then. Glad your still here and riding with us!

I'll NEVER forget my hot launch days on a 2 line Cab Co2 (That’s what they told beginners in those days (2001), 2 line kites were easer to learn on) I'm glad I'm still here and riding w/you.

I also prefer the Ocean & Surf. I can't say that was the case in the beginning.
Although Butter flat water is nice every now and then.

Jet assisted kite~ That WP11 should be pretty darn close
Old 03-16-2007, 08:00 PM
ruffridah89

well, we got to give thanks and appreciate the founders of kitesurfing that went into arduous times( broken bones, deep sea swiming, getting tremendously dragged, and tons of countless bruises) to get us where we are right now.
Right on, founding fathers, right on.
-Danny
Old 03-16-2007, 08:54 PM

Kiting about a year, mostly in Pompano, prefer the waves but have hit Matheson a few times. Started out on "C" kites switched to Waroos 7 months ago, have a 9, 12 & 16. Recently switched from Cabrinha "vari" 158 to a North sky pro 137 board. Although not ready to get rid of the Vari yet, it's a smooth ride. Also have an F-one 128 X 35 that rocks when it's nuking. Finally, after reading Rick's accident write up's, an impact vest and helmet are mandatory for me. Thanks Rick, keep up the good work, While I may not post often, I read yours religiously.

Jim