FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 03-20-2008, 05:54 AM

wow, i guess youve been right all along scott, i do throw my loops just a little to early.....
maybe next i will try waiting a anther split second....
i do think we need some shorter lines as well....

btw, i love the fact you got Jay in the back ground hovering around in the air....
Old 03-20-2008, 06:35 AM
Tom Stock

I was gonna say it looked a split second too early (only because of how hard you landed) but what do I know. That thing was SICK SICK SICK. I have definitely never done a kiteloop that big, ever.

Not sure I want to either Danny!
Old 03-20-2008, 07:20 AM

honestly, ive learned that the more wind, the less painful... if you notice my horizontal speed is insane, but my vertical speed was only moderate.... i just need a better board for landing fast...
i actually threw atleast 6 or so big loops and they were all fast, but maybe only one landed hard....

im going to be switching over to fuels, and possibly shorter lines, scott said mine lines looked longer then his, im guessing in the 25m range, i might try the fuels on 22-23m and see how the loops go...

btw, the kite in the video is for sale
Old 03-20-2008, 08:43 AM
Skyway Scott

We are back to having several Scott's around here (reason I originally was given a nickname) Rasta Scott took that video. Super Phatty Scott hit a few 35 footers yesterday.

That wasn't more early than usual for you Danny. The one on tape actually looks about right. Anyway, sick.
I think the second landing (getting rag dolled out of water to face plant) looked much worse than the original landing, personally.
The video stops short, but you actually had a third splash down too. It stops with you mid-flight.
That first yank out of water to face plant seems like it could have really hurt your neck if landed differently.
Ouchie.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:06 AM
Flaccid Member

Talking

Super Phatty scott will work. Everyone is free to call me wolfie or any of the numerous varients of Wolf as well. By the way, one of the jumps today was the highest i have ever been. I think it was a 35+. Those 40 knt gusts can do wonders! Kite loops are still testing my ball size for now, but high jumps have stopped freaking me out.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
Super Phatty scott will work. Everyone is free to call me wolfie or any of the numerous varients of Wolf as well. By the way, one of the jumps today was the highest i have ever been. I think it was a 35+. Those 40 knt gusts can do wonders! Kite loops are still testing my ball size for now, but high jumps have stopped freaking me out.
going up is the fun part, its once you realize how high you are and then start trying to figure out how your coming back down that gets a little freaky...

its taken me a long time to figure out how to (for the most part) consistently land anything ove 15ft...

i had one yesterday that i got a good 20-25ft up, but the board literally never left the water

it was just a little to choppy for my board.....
Old 03-20-2008, 01:00 PM

i hit a bunch of chop just as i was going for a big jump yesterday.. board came off one foot.. flailing about ...kite ended up way over to one side and i quickly tried to correct it but that ended up giving me a quick ride into the abyss of doom.

wish i'd had it on film.. lol..

i am very used to my "normal" jump height.. when i get those that are much higher i definitely get a bit jittery.. cant seem to get the timing on those at all.. 9 time out of 10 i end up plopping softly into the water.

i hit a couple yesterday where i jumped, looked over, saw another rider jump big and land and i was still in the air..

waroos are floaty floaty floaty!

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa
Old 03-20-2008, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Kite loops are still testing my ball size for now, but high jumps have stopped freaking me out.
Just one? Does that help you kite loop or throw off your balance???
Old 03-20-2008, 04:10 PM
Flaccid Member

You just got to use counter weights like on Tires. Don't want to spin out of control like inferno in that movie.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:13 PM

Quote:
You just got to use counter weights like on Tires. Don't want to spin out of control like inferno in that movie.
"I was in total control"

said danny's kite