FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

Old 04-14-2007, 06:54 PM

Talking downwinder

albe had his first downwinder today,,,pag to upham,,the destination was sunset "caddy's" FIRST RULE have a water tight bag of a sort you can hang on to ...fix to ,,strap to ,,anyway to keep it,,i put 8 quarters in my velcro pocket,,to no good ending,,walked to pag from upham with a huge 179 litewave ,,14 mtr kite line-bar helmet and seat harness,,,Geri asked me why i didnot hail a taxi???da i was so pissed-off the thought had not occured to me,,NEXT is a board leash,,if your not boosting,,because its hard,,well for me,,to body drag to your board in 18 sw wind and waves - current etc..however the sonic-14 had no trouble to relaunch,,i only lost it 4 times,,getting use to the swells is another thing-waves,,all in all fun for all!!!
Old 04-14-2007, 07:19 PM
Skyway Scott

Sweet. That's a lot of walking though. I bet it was beautiful out there.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:03 PM

Cool downwinder

it was cornell..ron and cornells friend from up north,mike,needless to say they were quite beyond my capacity,,but i tried to keep up,,,, it was not what i expected ,,,,,i was looking to cruise up to TI with no problems,,,did not realise you need to tack in &out to go down wind ,,,still much to learn,,my lady ,,geri , said , "why didn't you flag a cab to get back to your truck"? all i said was ,,,,da i was thinkin trolly!!
Old 04-14-2007, 11:42 PM

god blessed us all with thumbs for a reason, i've hitchhiked rides back upwind in hatteras, delray, ct, NZ, and all over pinellas county. Use your judgement, try and hail a pickup and it adds a little excitement the end of the downwinder.