FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 02-27-2007, 12:59 AM
invisible

Default East Beach Sunday Video

This is going to slam my bandwidth cause it's 40mb. Right click and save it to your desktop... I'll find a better place for it later.

http://videos.floridakitesurfer.com/...ach07small.mov

Last edited by invisible; 02-28-2007 at 04:33 PM.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:06 AM
Skyway Scott

I haven't seen it yet (it's downloading), but you obviously put a lot of work in this (posting it at 2am). Thanks!
Old 02-27-2007, 06:46 AM
Skyway Scott

I just got back from running (well, at my age, jogging slowly).

Nice video. You need to limit the guy in red to 3 clips (seriously), but good video still.

Hey, mine is showing choppy. Is that due to compression for the 'net or is my computer just bad? I would love to see Billy more clearly (and everyone else too).

Thanks.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:57 AM
invisible

Sorry, I had so many problems with movie maker (I didn't have premiere installed on my laptop) that I ended up loosing half of my footage. So if you were one of the guys left out, it wasn't intentional. I'll try again when I get my software installed.

I have a smaller version I'll upload shortly...
Old 02-27-2007, 09:04 AM

excellent video.. got some great shots.. you get the vibe of the area where you have a bunch of riders out there having fun, boosting, spinning and just having a good time and then you've got guys like Alex and Billy that will put St. Pete on the map. I didnt see any of Josh in the video unless I missed it. Hopefully you got some of him going off.. we definitely need a quality showcase video of our top local riders.

some great boosts by Scott and Tom!! Scott, your unhooked stuff looks great!

gotta get this video up on kiteforum.com and youtube asap!!

Sunday was truly one of the best kiting days we've had around these parts.. and having that many riders out there and no problems or really anyone getting too much in others way is the icing on the cake.

great stuff man!!

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa
Old 02-27-2007, 09:17 AM
invisible

Thanks Bryan. I've never shot and edited video before. I think I am better with the camera than the editor. Unfortunately I didn't get much of Josh. He was either on the beach when I was filming or I did not recognize him out there without my glasses on (seriously Josh is growing so fast I hardly recognize him anyway when I see him...)... same with Jason I think because I don't seem to have any of him either. I do have more footage though and if I can find it I will definitely include it in a revised video.

Next time I am going to concentrate on getting a good sequence of everyone so nobody is left out. This was really just an experiment. I wanted to share some stoke.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:16 PM

Talking Really?

Oh, that was Billy Parker? I thought that was the footage you got of me this weekend. My mistake...
Old 02-27-2007, 03:20 PM
invisible

Oh I just assumed it was you! My bad!

Seriously I did get a little vid of you but I missed the good stuff because I was riding at the same time as you!!

You looked powered up on that new kite.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:22 PM

Wink

What exactly do you call the "good stuff"? Most of the locals miss my big air handlepasses to blind and other killer tricks. For some reason, I am the only one that ends up knowing about them...I guess you guys just have bad timing when you watch me...
Old 02-27-2007, 05:31 PM
Skyway Scott

Tom,

I just saw the video on Donna's computer. It looks awesome. Very smooth, no compression issues. I think the prob is my 5 monitors sucking the life out of my video card!

Hey, who filmed you? Mr. Shaky hands!? Geez... LOL....