FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

Old 05-31-2006, 09:00 PM
Skyway Scott

I never have a clue how high I jump. They all feel the same to me.
I know it was very easy to jump it though :P
Old 05-31-2006, 09:02 PM

rockets aint NOTHING in omaha.

on another completely diff. topic.. today I finally pulled a 10 ft air to complete testicle crush...holy sheeet.. pain pain pain.. I blame the GK Sonic 11m I was riding. My Waroo would never allow damage to my jewels.

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa
Old 05-31-2006, 09:06 PM
Skyway Scott

LOL.. I am in a NL tourney. Down to final 3, first in chips

Yeah, I have had the nuts hurt, too (get it?...poker)

EDIT: 3 minutes later (went all in with ak pre.. got called by J 2 and guy hits a 2.. wtf is that? its called rigged... no hundred dollar player in the WORLD would call an all in with J 2... he won the next hand and tourney over.. gimme a break

Hey, what are the odds for five days in a row? My legs are totally beat!
Old 05-31-2006, 09:21 PM

Anyone try the 12m2 Ion? Seriously considering getting one but in doubt if the 12 or the 15 would suit me better..

And yes you are all right, today was the SHIT :lol: :lol: :lol: Had a blast on my 11 m2 fuel, saw you all just north of me.. got the directions wrong and thought the meeting was south of the undertow...

edit: Sorry to hear that.. you'll get him in the long run though..
Wind is what we need!!!
Old 05-31-2006, 09:41 PM
Skyway Scott

You were litt and rode quite a while I was watching you and Thomas Crawford down there.

I don't know, seems like a 15 and a 9m Ion might be the combo.
I literally had no problem holding the 15m down in 20 (it was easy with the kite depowered about 75%....., not even edging that hard). I think I could go 25.

The 15m Fusion was noticeably harder to hold down and my 16m RRD.. well.. that thing is a PIG in comparison...
Old 05-31-2006, 10:11 PM

Two Ions would be preferred of course.. unfortunately I know my bank won't agree on that.. Thinking about selling my 11 and 15 fuel and getting one Ion... hmmm.. I do love those kites so maybe not.. not sure about anything..
Wind is what we need!!!
Old 05-31-2006, 10:16 PM
Skyway Scott

LOL.. I know the feeling. TRUST ME.

Well, considering the time of year and all, and that I was holding it down no prob today.... hmmm.....
Old 05-31-2006, 10:29 PM

I am glad I was able to let you guys try out the 15m ION. I like this kite better than the GK Sonic. It has the "C" kite feel and it jumps to the moon.

Anyone is welcome to try it any time they see me out, as longs as your name isn't Randy Radcliff, aka Mr One more time. LOL

He didn't want to give my kite back to me. Hell, I don't blame him at all.

I had a blast today and I am sore as hell. Lets see what tomorrow will bring us.

BTW, Scott thanks for letting me test out the SP. Great board and it carves upwind. I want to try it when it's blowing 12 to see its potential.

-Chris
Old 06-01-2006, 06:56 AM

Kasper..

I would bet a 12 would cover your 3 kites you have now better than a 15 if you are looking to replace your quiver and maybe pick up another (larger) kite down the road.

my 12 m waroo has completely replaced my 11, 13 & 15. Almost replaces my 20m.

I weigh about 190 and I think the 12m will be my main kite.. i also picked up a 9m waroo and will bust that out when the winds pick up.

I do wish I had a 15 or 16m bow as these lighter winds could be better tamed with a little more canopy, but my 12 (with a little work) does great.

And when it does fill in, HOLY CRAP that kite rocks.

It really is about what you normally ride and what you want to replace. a bow will cover a couple sizes above and below. If you want to replace a 13 - 17 m range.. get a 15.. a 10 - 15 m range.. get a 12.

b

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa
Old 06-01-2006, 08:42 AM
Skyway Scott

I have noticed that our winds tend to fall into a few "categories"

Very common (probably the most common) is the 12 to 16 knot day.
This will cover alot of Easts we experience at the SW (unless you get there really early)
These tend to get weaker as approaching 10 am. These are numerous in winter/early spring depending on whether you can be there in the AM.
Most seabreezes fall in this category as well. The last few days have been just exceptionally windy for seabreezes. Adding the Easts and the seabreezes together, I would guess 60 days a year.

14 to 22 knots. These are our SSWs and stronger SEs during the day. They last most of the day and come in waves of wind. I think we had about 20 of these, if combined this year.

25 to 45. These are our strong winter NWs (about 5 this year) and our hurricane days (about 5 last season).

Of course the remaining days are sub 10 and those days can just bite me :?

Thes are simplified categories and some days just don't fit, but, for the most part, if it is blowing above 25 knots.. it is likely to hit 35 that day at some point is my take on it.

However, on alot of days, if it is blowing 16 (at some point) it is also blowing 12 or will be dropping to 12 as you are riding. Our average day of riding if averaged out for a year is probably around 15knots of wind.

Because of this, for me, I am thinking the 15m Ion is going to be my choice for close to a one kite quiver on 80% of riding days (mainly because of how easy it was to hold in 20 knots and its low end is good enough with a good light wind board to have alot of fun in 11).

I was surprised how easy it was to hold in 20. The 14m Turbo Diesel would have been MUCH harder.

I am just stressing the upper end on the Ion might be higher than some of you might imagine possible. Before I hit "enter" on this, I checked with Pat at Extreme to make sure my wind ranges weren't skewed. He says 22 knots is "no problemo" He said on a solid 25 knot day he would rig smaller.
Again tho, how many solid 25s do we get? Thats usually the upper end on a normal day.. or low end on the Nukers.

He also said get the 15m if trying to decide on just one for now. I ordered mine yesterday after riding

I asked him "then WHO gets the 12m Ion?"
He said people who KNOW its rocking alot in their hometown (avg. 20 to 30 most riding days)

Hope that helps. Bryan, not trying to disagree with you (for the sake of just doing it, anyway)

(3 spelling edits bolded)