FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > KITEBOARDING AT ... launches, precautions, SCHOOLS, SHOPS, meets, local groups and more > Bahamian Kiteboarding Forum
Connect with Facebook

Old 05-16-2009, 07:59 PM

Default where to kite in nassau????

Hi everyone. I will be going to Nassau on a cruise in two weeks and am going to bring my kite gear. I was wondering where is the best places to kite? Obviously i will be at the port so the closer to that the better. Also my wife will be with so she would like a nice beach to lay out while i kite. I have heard of South Beach and know where that is but seems a little far from the port. Any other recommendations on places to go. If it matters i like flat water the best for freestyle as opposed to waves. Thanks for any input.

michael
Old 05-18-2009, 10:00 AM

Thumbs up depending on the wind direction there are heaps of places to kite

gday Mikey
summer is here the wind has switched ESE , the place to ride is south beach end of BLUEHILL RD South, there are only 2 rd's that go all the way from north beach to south beach east st and Blue hill.
you can rent a scooter from the cruse ship warf or get a taxi..or call me for kite caddy service? it's up to you.
you can call and see what the wind conditions are like when you get here and I will tell you the best place to go.
(242) 422- 0756
cheers AJ Watson
Old 05-18-2009, 10:06 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

I was just over there weekend before last. Had no wind on tap so I left the kite gear at home. Went diving instead. They had a nice bout of wind in the last few days though I suspect with some more on the way later this week.

Which ship are you heading over on? Are you stopping by Little or Big Stirrup? Little Stirrup (now aka Coco Cay, sigh) has better launching prospects than Big Stirrup. In either case you need to stay well away from bathing areas.

AJ will take good care of you. Hope you get some good wind for your visit. It is getting later in the wind season. More about kiting over there at: http://fksa.org/showthread.php?t=4147

Have fun!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 05-18-2009, 09:36 PM

Thanks guys for the input. It's not looking to good for wind next week but hopefully it changes. I will contact you AJ if it's windy to find out where to go. I don't believe we are stopping at coco cay. It looks like my only chance for kiting on this cruise is Nassau and San juan. Again thanks for the info.

Michael
Old 03-08-2010, 01:23 AM

Default kiteboarding in nassau mai 2010.

hy guys,

im going to nassau - saying at cable beach - in mai,and im looking for good spots.when they have a nice beach around for my girlfrind to hang out would be perfect :-)
how is the wind at this time ?

thanks a lot for your answers !!!

simi
Old 03-08-2010, 02:13 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Hi Simi,

There is no one part of Nassau, actually the island of New Providence, that is good for winds from all directions. At Cable Beach you are near two spots along the NW coast, Go Slow and the beach just south of it that work for sectors of W to N to NNE to varying degrees. Usually, these are wind directions for cooler months during fronts. In May the fronts should be easying out replaced by far lighter summer wind patterns outside tropical systems. May is usually a bit early from much tropical activity, which I would be thrilled to miss hurricane activity another year from. In summer winds may be more E to SE. This means driving west and then south to Blue Hill on the south central shore. AJ has the local school and can help you out with more info closer to that time. Winds usually are light in later May, this year, no one knows. Weather patterns are changing. More about kiting on the island at: http://fksa.org/showthread.php?t=4147

Quote:
Originally Posted by simoba View Post
hy guys,

im going to nassau - saying at cable beach - in mai,and im looking for good spots.when they have a nice beach around for my girlfrind to hang out would be perfect :-)
how is the wind at this time ?

thanks a lot for your answers !!!

simi

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi