FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

Old 09-27-2007, 05:12 PM

Default Royal ERA vs Slingshot Rev

Whats your opinion on this two kites head to head. They both seem to be the hot kites for this season. Curious to hear the feedback.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:21 PM
Skyway Scott

I would demo both if possible before making a choice.
Demoing kites and boards among riders has always occurred in the TampaBay area.
In the past it's how we made choices and were introduced to new gear was by testing out the another guy's "new kiting toys" he got from wherever.

These days, in addition to that already great attitude toward sharing, we also have more individuals interested in earning your business, so they are motivated to do demos for sales purposes.

No matter what one or more riders like though and write up, it's really up to you what you like anyway, because you might like different things from your kite.
That's the true power of the demo is letting you figure it out for yourself.
I feel like one value of a write up (especially with several guys working together) is attempting to nail the wind ranges of the different sized kites to afford someone a better chance at picking the right size for their quiver or situation. One thing some of us figured out fairly quickly is that the Royals have a lot more low end than most kites of comparable size. I think this might prove useful, especially for someone placing a single kite in a gap in the quiver.

If possible, demo the kite in different conditions, is my advice. This leads to getting a feel for not only the performance characteristics of the kite, but it's range too.
That's often possible in the same day in St. Pete, cuz our wind tends to go all over the place.

No kite is the best kite at everything or best fit for everyone (regardless of what some companies like to say).

Last edited by Skyway Scott; 09-27-2007 at 11:03 PM.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:24 PM

I appreciate your input. I definitly agree with what you said. I was just curious on an average kiter response what they liked and disliked about each kite.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:41 PM
Skyway Scott

I would ask the same question on Kiteforum for kicks.