FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

Old 05-05-2008, 12:09 PM

The shark was right near the sailboat. I was going to check the boat out and I guess he was guarding it. Funny thing is we both went to check each other out (from a distance I thought it was probably a ray) and both scared each other away.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:29 PM
Can't Re-member

I jumped way high over the one in east tampa bay, all bull , zero ray
Old 05-06-2008, 09:54 PM
Tom Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanleighty View Post
oh that sounds pleasant...

was shark inside or outside of the sandbar?

funny note on that sailboat.

for the last couple years it has been moored next to the boat that Dan and I own in the marina just south of the Pier. apparently the story is that someone bought it and was going to sail it to the bahamas ...

and he made it as far as Lassing.

oops.
Maybe next time he should bring a mast!

Great job guys!
Old 05-08-2008, 04:54 AM

here is the response i got.. hopefully he can ask around and get some more specific info..

for now, for after hours, I would definitely go further north and rig.. and be very mindful of noise level.

I have heard some complaints about noise from the boarders at night. I assume that means well after dark but I've not heard anything about it lately.
There are lots of people using the park in the early evening walking dogs or playing with family. I don't imagine they would have any complaints.
No one sets up their equipment down at our end of the park in the evening so we don't have any noise at all.
As you mention there is a ten o'clock out of the park curfew that I think originally was established because of drug dealing but it usually isn't enforced now days.
I know some folks who live in the area where the boarders congregate I will ask if they know anything about neighbors complaints.
I will let you know what I find out.

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa
Old 05-08-2008, 07:19 AM
Skyway Scott

Bryan,

Thanks for asking around a little. I know a few people that live there too. They pretty much love watching us ride. A few even set up lawn chairs.
Is it a 10 pm curfew to get out of the park or a 10 pm no parking law?

Until the other night I thought it was a 10 pm curfew on being in the park, because it doesn't make sense to me to be able to park at the park, but not be able to use it. (?).
But, I may have been wrong. I need to look around to see if there is a sign saying get out by sun set. If there is, I never saw it.

If there is a 10 pm curfew as opposed to sunset curfew I am really confused, because I don't think we were making any noise whatsoever and can't figure out what we were doing at all to warrant a cop showing up. I am pretty sure she showed at 9pm, it may have been 9:15.

I guess we will figure this out for sure the next night ride. I still plan on going out as usual, until I get kicked out again.
Not to be an as.s about it or invite getting kicked out, but because I think that was a rare event that one night.
I do think, like we have said, it'd be best to avoid the house on 20th, just to be safe.

If we actually do get kicked out the next night ride, it will be too bad that we do and can't continue to ride there at night. We don't make much noise out there and in some ways I think we serve as semi-watch dogs for anything unlawful in the park when we are out there.
I know if I lived across the street, I would feel better knowing there were 4 to 6 guys in the park (law abiding citizens).
We rarely make noise once the sun goes down, especially when we get close to the people's houses to de-rig. At least not nights I have seen.

Oh well, we will see what happens.
Thanks for asking around a little.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:44 AM
Tom Stock

Thumbs up

All city parks close at dusk! But good news is we can ride during the day!

Share the stoke!
Old 05-08-2008, 09:02 AM
Skyway Scott

Thumbs up

Funny stuff.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Tom Stock

huh?
Old 05-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Skyway Scott

This guy just got released from Sing Sing this past week.

They were gonna' keep him for a few more years, but he was let go early for good conduct. Night kiting is a serious crime, and as such, participation in the activity should be given serious consideration prior to possibly being caught in the act and being forced to pay your debt to society.