FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 09-20-2007, 04:08 PM

Wassup Ebone. Two different gnarly foot gashes in two days?....and thats just at the SW........id say the feet are THE spot most likely to be opened up by something. Minimize the risk is all im trying to do. Name someone from SW who has never gotten it on the foot while out there? Now, how many have gotten their pecker as you say, sliced off? I wear the cup (stainless steel)anyways so the chances of me getting it sliced off are none. BTW if i get so much as a little scrape at SW it gets infected, even with using Neosporin, so deep gashes like Dannys's are dangerous...
Old 09-20-2007, 04:24 PM

Thats 3 foot injuries and its only September (Jayson, Randy, Inferno)
Bet mine was most expensive.. $17,000.00 and another surgery and hospital stay still to go. Wonder how many kite trips I could take with 17G's.
I wasnt even riding when mine happened, just walking thru the water. My advice is to have good health insurance. Ya never know when something like this can ruin your day... or season.

Last edited by CrazyJay; 09-20-2007 at 05:19 PM.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:36 PM

chainmail booties....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyway Scott View Post
We had the same discussion about Kevlar and I looked into it as well and thought I was on to something.
Steve Sadler found some Kevlar booties at RealKiteboarding. But then some guys said it wasn't all that puncture proof. Who knows.
I know I would be interested in finding something puncture proof as well, Phil.

Firemen use Kevlar (nails, sharp stuff in burning buildings).
You might look on a fireman supply site for ideas regarding Kevlar tape, inserts.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:13 PM
Can't Re-member

EBone wrote
Quote:
Hell, you could probably cut your pecker off during a wipeout under the right (or should I say wrong) set of circumstances.

Yep, I thought of that very long ago and ever since only land on my A$$ if its a crash, that way only one cheek gets nailed and nobody can see it. just gotta sit on the chair a little sideways....

Phil wrote
Quote:
Now, how many have gotten their pecker as you say, sliced off? I wear the cup (stainless steel)anyways so the chances of me getting it sliced off are none

WOW, we were both thinking the same thing, just solved them differently

LOLLllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Old 09-20-2007, 06:14 PM

Um that would have been for Danny not you, then again he was pretty mobile for a guy with a trench cut into his foot.... Round of morphine for all....

-Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by popeye View Post
The morphine is a really good idea. I'd have definitely needed it when Danny came in with that foot!
Old 09-20-2007, 07:23 PM

FWIW I have the kevlar boots from okespor. They are a little thick but you dont feel anything walking over rocks or other sharp stuff. Definitely an improvement over my neil pryde thin ones. too much nasty crap in the water not to protect the feetand hands Hope you heal well and are back on the water soon.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:19 PM

I know, I'm a smart ass, but maybe you guys should just ride in a little bit deeper water...

I set up for a nice little boost at LP two weekends ago and it was botched, landed flat on my back in a foot of water from about 6-8 feet up...

You can't stich up a broken back. I was actually ok though and did a down winder at IRB the next day but vowed never to jump in less than 4 feet of water. problem solved.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:29 PM
popeye

Nothing like planting your own tombstone... you know when you eat it hard, get up in 6 inches of water to see your board stuck in the mud like a tombstone.

Been there done that.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:32 PM
Skyway Scott

I missed this thread all day... funny stuff.
It'd be ideal to follow the 4 foot rule, unfortunately, that's really hard to do at a lot of our East wind spots (but not impossible to adhere to... just stay out beyond the sandbars at SW and EB).

If anyone has some of these Kevlar booties and sees me, can I see them, please. That'd be great.
I've only had two notable injuries kiting with at least 2 thousand hours of water time (I know, I should be better at kiting.. whatever, lol). One was a total ACL rupture (botched landing, season over). The other was a nasty foot injury, from walking.
The foot hurt way more than the ACL, btw.
As a matter of fact I think it's the most pain I have ever been in was when the doctor in the ER was needling my foot, and I've been screwed up pretty bad a few times (my face and skull was shattered in 13 places once).
Foot injuries suck and really hurt.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by popeye View Post
Nothing like planting your own tombstone... you know when you eat it hard, get up in 6 inches of water to see your board stuck in the mud like a tombstone.

Been there done that.

I LOVE that move!!! LOL!!!