FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > KITEBOARDING AT ... launches, precautions, SCHOOLS, SHOPS, meets, local groups and more > Bahamian Kiteboarding Forum
Connect with Facebook

Old 03-06-2008, 07:53 PM

Default For those who forgot about the C kites..

Got some pictures of the 08 SS Fuels, not sure you guys will be interested in them, but What the hell, I'll post them anyway. We gotta get C kites back up and dominating! Roby! this is towards you a lot man! They will improve your unhooked performance, kiteloops, etc, etc. And No I don't want to try bow kites, SS, Best, Naish, whatever. I will also never buy one to own. I'm C kites till the end!

Old 03-06-2008, 08:12 PM

sweet looking kite. why are C kites put down so much?
Old 03-06-2008, 08:18 PM
<jason

Thumbs up

damn those fuels fuels should be in iraq.... bunch of freakin tanks....awesome lookin kites...!
Old 03-07-2008, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galego View Post
sweet looking kite. why are C kites put down so much?
I think It's because everyone wants a *safer kite* and and *easier to rig* kite. Some dislike the limit of depower, but the 08 kites, Fuel, Torch, and most of the other C kites on the market this year have quite a bit of depower. The 5th on the other hand is just as much trouble as all the those darn bridles/pulleys on the bow kite, and with the C kite, you don't have any pulleys to break. Theyr'e also put down because the ony dealers here are Slingshot/Best/Cabrinha. The only REAL C kite left on the market for here is the Fuel, and they're expensive not to mention different than all the kites everyone else has been flying for the past 2 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by <jason View Post
damn those fuels fuels should be in iraq.... bunch of freakin tanks....awesome lookin kites...!
They are, and they're almost bomb proof
Old 03-07-2008, 06:17 PM

yeh man those kites look sick. Have been wanting to get on some newere C-kites to see whats what. As u know im trying for the handle pass nearly there on the 313. Are u throwing any handle passes yet
Old 03-08-2008, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillette53 View Post
yeh man those kites look sick. Have been wanting to get on some newere C-kites to see whats what. As u know im trying for the handle pass nearly there on the 313. Are u throwing any handle passes yet
I can do a flat 3 if i want, but it's really not my greatest achievement that I want to accomplish. I also have a bit of trouble because of my size 6'2" 270lbs. I'm more focused on throwing huge stuff. I like to ride with a lot of power in my style of riding which is perfect when the powers coming from a C kite. I like to go huge, pull some mega loops, see how much of a beating i can take, my favorite move right now that I have never really seen anybody do is the triple S bend. I've seen the double and can do them consistently, I can do all the rotations for the triple it's just a matter of how fast I've got the landing coming at me and if I can get my nose around quick enough. I usually dig my nose or a rial on the landing. Anyway, I like to stylish moves like seatbelt grabs, and tweaked out unhooked moves like Railies, s bends, tantrums, F 16s, etc, etc.