FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 08-14-2007, 07:02 PM

I stopped extreme farting when I sharted once at Wal-Mart. Too extreme for me...thought I was gonna die from the stench and runnage that ensued.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:29 PM

problem is, if you dont throw out the "danger stats" to the newbies then they get lax on the lessons and go the do-it-yourself routine to get on the water.

gotta at least put up the veil that we are hardcore.

hehe..

kiting to me, for what i do, is easy.. but requires my full attention and i have paid the price for the moments where my mind wanders too far.

I think its similar to snowboarding.. its simple after the inital learning curve, can be pushed to a higher level if the rider wants to, and failure to pay attention or push it to far results in anything from a bruised ego to the rare-but-happens-on-occasion casket. (just google "snowboarding deaths" and you will see what i mean.. a handful per year.. same w/ kiting)

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa
Old 08-14-2007, 07:56 PM
Skyway Scott

So who is in charge of the Bulls Kiteboard Team?
Old 08-14-2007, 08:49 PM
popeye

Sharted. Wow. So thats what it's called. Boy that brings back memories.

I sharted one time after my buddy dared me to eat a raw Scotch Bonnet after I had already eaten half a jar of Scotch Bonnet pickled sausage. I was sure I was "extreme" so I did it. Hell yeah, ain't scared right.

Hell NO. After the pain, tears and sweat subsided, my stomach made this weird gurgling sound like I'd never heard before. Sort of like rusty metal sqeaking down a chalkboard combined with a gurgle. I knew something was very wrong.

So... fast forward... I got about 100 yards into driving across the howard franklin back towards St. Pete on an emergency tech call when I "Sharted" about a quart of liquid into my drawers.

The worst part is I was driving to our other office 45 minutes away because of an emergency network repair call. I had to go in and do the work, shart or not, because the CEO was there waiting for me, already pissed off.

Lets just say there was no pleasant conversation when I arrived with wet pants smelling like backside skyway in the heat of the summer. I threw my underwear into a bush on the way in the door.

Don't ever let me eat one of those again. Ever. Yikes.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:17 PM

I think the notion that kiteboarding is extreme is the only thing keeping the flood gates up against new people entering. It's bad enough as it is with new people getting into the sport. WSW can't even keep up with the amount of people that want lessons. Let the papers continue shining on the sport and, soon, everyday at east beach/skyway will be a 40-kite day. I say kiting is hella-extreme and should only be attempted under supervision.

Scott- Wish I knew bro. I go to USF and haven't heard anything about it. I'll be sure to investigate because I have one semester left to join the club if, in fact, it exists. Must be new.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:23 PM
Skyway Scott

For some reason I don't think a Bulls Kite Team exists. This sport is gonna max out in terms of the density/enjoyment factor at EB by mid-season, next season max. We already had several days with 45 kiters last season. Oh well, that was easy to see coming and it's an exponential curve, (not a diminishing returns curve like in Econ. 101).

Oh yeah, Tom?

Well if you really want to tempt fate, eat 8 ounces of sugar free chocolate and see what happens an hour later. I have never been in so much abdominal pain.

Also, I ran the last two miles of the State cross country race with shit in my shorts due to an instant stomach bug at mile marker number 1.
Man, that was disgusting and hundreds saw it. Definitely a shitty day and for some reason no one wanted to sit next to me on the bus ride home either
Old 08-14-2007, 09:28 PM

haha...so gross...yet so funny at the same time. I ate lambĂ* in the D.R. once and ended up with food poisoning. Let's just say one time I was about a foot-shy of the toilet. Damn thing was so far away........so far.

I was just thinking to myself. You know it's a bad time of the year for wind when kiters are sitting around telling shit stories to pass the time. lol
Old 08-14-2007, 09:31 PM
E-Bone

Damn, you guyz are nasty. Don't know if I want to get in the water with you nasty bitchez any time soon. Might have to quit kiting.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:33 PM
Skyway Scott

LMAO. Nothing funny about being that sick, but gotta laugh.

I just remembered another one... uh oh.

I had just started working at Extreme. We were short handed on a Saturday (bad...bad) and I was sick as hell with a stomach bug. I told Daryl I was gonna come in anyway and tough it out. Only 2 people on a Saturday is basically losing about a grand, so I felt I HAD to show up, even though I was really sick.
Well, within 3 minutes of entering the shop, I had to hit the restroom. I puked twice and did one of those liquid... you get the picture.

Keeping it short, I ended up accomplishing nothing but showing up, smelling up the place for the customers and leaving. "Way to go, tough guy", Daryl said as I left in defeat.

I think we should do the kite night thing, some of us obviously need a better place to tell these stories than on a public forum.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:34 PM
popeye

Um Scott, I hate to break it to you buddy but that wasn't chocolate.

I can't believe you fell for it!