FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 12-30-2007, 07:52 AM

If ya turn that machine sideways will it put a condom on? ;0)~
Old 12-30-2007, 08:08 AM

Scottie- I wouldn't say that 5 is the magic # just yet, without trying it. But I did ride the 11 in less than 10 at East Beach. That kite was very impressive and now its available in a 13. I am really looking forward to trying it on some flat water. Another video on the FDK site shows some very sick kiteloops on these kites in relatively light winds.
I am heading to East Beach now, if anyone wants to demo a Vicious or Unleashed. Looking forward to getting some WATER TIME and GETTING LITT- if I can remember how to ride. See ya there homies...
Old 12-30-2007, 08:14 AM

And thanks Big G for taking a ribbing...
Speaking of ribbing, are those sleeves ribbed for her pleasure?
Jay already asked my other question, (I always thought you had to unroll them.)
Hope to see you at the beach, EVERYONE!
Old 12-30-2007, 08:29 AM

Unfortunately the sleeves are not ribbed HOWEVER, the bottles are!!! Therefore, when your going at it and she wants more, put that bottle into play. Then you can sit back and just take a break. She’ll enjoy its ribs just the same and that bottle will never loose its firmness!!! Hah
Old 12-30-2007, 08:36 AM

Gonna have to turn the heat up on that thing to get Steve's wrapper to shrink enough to fit tight.
Just kidding steve. when r u going to EB? Looks like its picking up now.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:37 AM

....and here is just the bottle for that application. Minus the shrink sleeve of course...

Old 12-30-2007, 10:34 PM
Skyway Scott

You guys are cracking me up.
Jay, you should post more often. (I realize I just opened myself up to a jab, here).

Gary, can you pack in odd shaped bottles like that?
Can you pack anything?
Can you "bottle" anything, as in sodas or juices?
Old 12-31-2007, 01:33 PM

We package Nutritional Supplements as a primary however, we have done a few juices. Our runs are typically low volume and therefore are margins are higher. Juices are traditionally inexpensive by nature and therefore there’s not much room for a contract packager like us.

We also produce a number of supplements in tablet and capsule forms. Our customer base includes Twin labs, Dr. Adkins Supplements, VPX Sports and Sports One to name a few.

Bottle shape is usually not a variable unless the bottle is square or flat sided. They usually require 2 labels (front and back), a can be tricky if they require labels. Filling though is generally the same no matter what the shape.

Thanks for asking, I enjoy talking about what we do….
Old 12-31-2007, 01:48 PM
Skyway Scott

I asked mainly because it'd be interesting/funny to sell a juice or drink called Kite Kix or KiterAid or something. Not so much for profit, more just for fun.

I am not clear on if you could easily and cheaply get the label printed or how that would work, but it'd be fun if it was a simple substitution scenario. (maybe, anyway). Maybe it's way too involved.
If not too involved, it might work well at events and such for advertisers.
Who knows, just throwing stuff out there. Most of this garbage hits the wall and explodes in agony.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:11 PM

I've thought about coming out with our own line. Years ago we tried bringing a Multi Vitamin to market geared towards general nutrition. Thought that would be a large enough target market. After 80k worth of 30 sec. and 60sec. commercial spots, we put it to rest with just a hand full of sales. OUCH!

I shared the cost with a co-op advertiser but I still paid out half the bill. At this time we've concentrated on doing products for other companies'. I have given it some thought recently to re-introduce a product.

Something that replaces electrolytes, yes offers energy. Natural forms of stimulants of course, minimize artificial ingredients. A product that would offer a little more then the popular aide's with a little boost...

Kind of like a Boost-Juice or something. A spin off to the Vitamin-water that has been around for at least 10 yrs. now and is finally becoming popular.