FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 10-10-2006, 08:33 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default FLA. Kiting Events AND THE WIND IS BACK!!!

This just in from Neil Hutchinson:

Hi all,

Looks like the season is heating up quickly this year. Thanks to all that came and showed their support at the last Kite Nite at the Treasure Trove what a night that was!

Checkout the images and write up HERE

Here is a list and update for what is instore for the next couple of months:

1. We are going to have another Kite Nite at Automatic Slims on Thursday 19th of October. We need to all make this the biggest ever as the club is making a reality TV show about there club specializing in the surf and skate world. They have given me the go ahead to do, decorate whatever I want to for that night and the entire time will be filmed by a CA production company aimed at TV channels such as MTV and the E channel. This is huge for all of us and our much loved sport and to show the nation who we are and what we do. Lets all come together and make this the all time biggest ever and if anyone has any ideas or suggestions on how to make it more fun than ever feel free to let me know. All kite companies, kiters and friends are welcome. Call or e-mail me with any questions or ideas. LETS REPRESENT OUR SPORT!

Checkout the images and write up of famous past Slims parties HERE and HERE

2. Halloween Blast in St. Augustine.
The Extreme Kites Halloween Blast will be held October 28th and 29th, 2006. All proceeds will go to benefit St. Judes Childrens Hospital:
http://www.stjude.org/

Here is the schedule of events:

Friday Night local kiteboarder D.J. Raggamuffin spinning reggae, dance hall, and hip hop at the Dunes Cracker House in St. Augustine Beach. Free drinks from 10:30 to 11:00 p.m. Bars close at 1 p.m.

Saturday brunch at Cafà 11 at 10 a.m. followed by free ride session in St. Augustine Beach. Downwind race check-in at noon at the pier parking lot, and then race starts at 1 p.m. from the pier to Matanzas Inlet, a distance of 10.5 miles. Free ride at Matanzas Inlet once the race is over, and then dinner and gear raffle at 8 p.m. at the Matanzas Innlet Café.

Sunday brunch at Cafà 11 and downwinders all day.

Checkout the images and write up of last years great event HERE

3. Tampa Bay Kitemasters in November. This is going to be a blast and one of the events I will be riding in rather than organizing this year. A 25 mile downwind race. Last I heard they had about 80 riders entered This is going to be amazing, thanks to Jason/Julie Orkins and Chris Moore from Tampa. For more info go to www.tampabaykitemasters.com and HERE.

Checkout the images and write up of last years events HERE and HERE

4. The X-treme X-rated Downwind Race. This is going to happen the following month and will be similar to the Tampa race but 3 times the distance with no cap on how many riders.

This race will take place in rough NE conditions from Jupiter Kiteboarding (the inlet) to the new Tiki Beach (Ft. Lauderdale). Anyone can enter if they feel they can handle the endurance, there will be a check point at Delray beach that has to be made within a certain time of the start.

The waves off Jupiter

The website and registration form is being built right now and should be up in about 1 week. Lets see if we can not only have the worlds longest kite race but the largest also. My goal is 100+. This will also act as one as the qualifying events for the next Bahamas Race.

The finish at Tiki Beach, Ft. Lauderdale

More about this HERE and at HERE

5. BVI X-rated Trip.

This is set for the 29th of January for one week. We will fly into St. Thomas and join our private 47' catamaran and traveling the entire BVI's for a week. The cost will be $1,300 p.p. and will include breakfast, lunch, soft drinks and rum. On the boat 3 of the cabins do have double beds and one with a single so it may well help if you know and do not mind sharing a cabin with another person, deck space is also available. If this boat sells out we have another 50' cat on stand by.

This is only for the serious kiters and surfers among us. We will require a 50% deposit before your spot is confirmed. Space is limited so get on it, if you want in, e-mail me directly.

X-rated will also be running numerous Boarder X contests though out the state this year on short term notice in relation to this wind, so stay tuned to the x-rated site.

Hope to see you at Slims a week from this Thursday and all other events this season. Cheers Neil Nhukusa@aol.com
Old 10-11-2006, 02:10 PM
Skyway Scott

Rick,

Thanks for all the great shots and write up from last year linked to above.
Here is a link to some of the Halloween Blast info for this season.

http://www.extremekiteskiteboarding....hp?p=1752#1752
Old 10-11-2006, 03:27 PM

Default gday rick

I would like to org an event here in nassau Bahamas, would you be interested in assisting me.
mabe it could tie in to some of the things you guys have going on in FL.
aj
Old 10-11-2006, 04:52 PM

2007 TampaBay KiteMasters PreParty October 28th at Bongos Beach Bar on St Pete Beach. (5800 gulf blvd)
The food and festivities start at 5pm. Get there early for kite and board raffles and other prizes. Thanks to all the companies that have donated SWAG for the riders. Competitors can pick up their jerseys that night. There will also be a limited number of jerseys for sale.
If its windy.. Bring your gear! We will be riding right in front of the bar.
See ya there!
TBKM staff
Old 10-11-2006, 08:38 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyway Scott
Rick,

Thanks for all the great shots and write up from last year linked to above.
Here is a link to some of the Halloween Blast info for this season.

http://www.extremekiteskiteboarding....hp?p=1752#1752
Looks good Scott. Last year was a blast, looking forward to what comes together this year. You guys do get the best of the frontal winds often enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocean
I would like to org an event here in nassau Bahamas, would you be interested in assisting me.
mabe it could tie in to some of the things you guys have going on in FL.
aj
Hey AJ,

I would be happy to help out with planning, advertising (if needed) and a writeup on the action, if I can make it over. What sort of event did you have in mind? There are a lot of things you could do there, point to point, island circumnavigation (one of the smaller ones), interisland run, speed runs, lots of choices.

Have a great kickoff party at Bongos guys!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 10-18-2006, 08:40 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Automatic Slims Party goes off tomorrow night! Check out the links to past Party photos in the post above this one. You don't want to miss out on this.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 10-20-2006, 08:05 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

The Party at Automatic Slims was great as always last night. Lots of kiters made it and a hot time was had by all. Took a ton of Party Action Shots, let me know if I should put them up, ok?

NEXT WEEKEND, October 28 and 29, 2006 the Extreme Kites Halloween Blast returns yet again to St. Augustine. It was a great time last year and should be even better this year. For those who have yet to checkout the area it is like taking a trip to OBX without the trip part. Rolling sand dunes, driving on the beach, lightly populated coastal areas, low key people, great waves and even a calmer area oceanside by Matanzas Inlet. It is a must attend event for core riders statewide. Checkout the link below for coverage of last years event. http://fksa.org/viewtopic.php?t=1009

Have fun!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 10-20-2006, 09:03 AM

OK that's it, I'm quiting my job and moving down there :lol: :twisted:
Old 10-25-2006, 10:08 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

The weekend is coming closer, almost time to blast off to St. Augustine for the Halloween Blast October 28 and 29, 2006!

For more info, look at the posts above.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 10-25-2006, 10:13 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

... and in Tampa on Saturday there's the Pre-Race Party!

The TampaWeen KiteMasters Pre Race PARTY is going off this Saturday at Bongos Beach Bar (5800 Gulf Blvd, St Pete Beach).

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ad...w=1&name=&qty=

This years event will be the largest Florida has ever seen. We currently have over 100 registered riders!

Cash and prizes totaling over $10,000 are up for grabs!

This year we are have tons of SWAG and prizes for best Halloween costume. We also are raffling off kitesurfing gear so be sure to get there early.

Festivities start at 5 PM. FREE FOOD and BEER while it lasts!!!!!!!!!!

Riders must be there by 6PM. From 6PM to 8PM we will be covering race necessities such as:

- starting and finish line procedures

- self rescue refreshers

- race course and hazards

- race rules and procedures

- pictures for magazine articles

We will be drawing for starting line placement. If you can not attend, a starting position will be drawn for you. Riders will also be receiving their official jerseys and race cards. We have extra jerseys for sale for those who forgot.

This is the last chance for riders who have registered but not turned in their waivers or paid entry fees.

The current forecast is showing 15-22 NW winds which is perfect for riding in front of BONGO'S. Bring your gear and come early for a great expression session.

Please visit www.TampaBayKiteMasters.com for more info.

TBKM staff

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi