FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 04-28-2006, 12:47 PM
Skyway Scott

Default Seabreeze today

Very high chances it will seabreeze in the next couple hours.
If it does, it should be a keeper.
I am heading out in about an hour
Old 04-28-2006, 01:24 PM
Skyway Scott

Geez,

What is up with the ClW sensor? It changes speed and direction everytime I click on it. Trying to figure out if seabreeze is gonna happen. Hard to make any decisions with zero info :?

http://www.iwindsurf.com/windandwher...49&siteID=1925
Old 04-28-2006, 01:40 PM

Thick white caps at dunedin causeway!
Old 04-28-2006, 02:28 PM

I just called the TV toll bridge (structure E) and they reported only 5mph from the E :-(

Bob
Old 04-28-2006, 05:57 PM
Skyway Scott

Yep. It is almost always zero (or close) from the East before a good seabreeze. I wouldn't post on here if I didn't think it was gonna blow, Bob 8)

It went from ZERO to 15 knots in all of 3 minutes at PaG around 4pm or so. You could see it coming in, so we rigged the 14m TD in zero knots. 10 minutes later, Donna was litt up on the Turbo Diesel in 15 knots.

It built to solid 18-22 for 2 hours. It was sweet.
I got to ride the 14m TD for a little more than an hour. Nice kite. Donna was actually holding on to the same kite for about a half hour, then decided it was too big. But, just the fact that she could ride it in that wind (18 ) is testament to the bow kite's range.

That thing jumps to the MOON... unreal. Upwind machine as well. I guess all the bows are this way, I am definitely not partial to any one brand. Its just unreal how high they go upwind, and how high they jump! :P
Old 04-28-2006, 06:16 PM

EXCELLENT Day at the South side! We left the North rest area around noon, because it was only about 8 knots, crossed the bridge, and was Litt up all afternoon! I think around 5:30 or 6 it lightened up to around 10 knots so I left. That place is awesome, but lots of shells everywhere. Beware of where you lay your kite out there!
Old 04-28-2006, 07:04 PM
E-Bone

I sat around all day and predicted there would be some breeze this evening at the Skyway.

Here I am, sitting at home, and my prediction is apparently dead on. I am a genius! Too bad I am such a dumb-ass that I am sitting at home, unable to take advantage of my genius.

See you guys in the morning.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:08 PM

Yes it rocked on the southside today.
My guess is 13-18 mph with some higher gusts. I was pretty lit on the 16 Octane.
Rode upwind towards Port Manatee and found a few nice new spots to ride. The amount of fish in Bishops Harbor is unreal, its all there, reds, snook, trout, pup sharks, flounder, red groups, mullet and many bait pods.
Of course the fish are only there when you are kiting sans fishing pole.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:25 PM
E-Bone

Good for you guys. When I showed up at noon the only wind was from all the hot air escaping me. I thought it looked windier on the south end but duty called and I rode the desk instead.