FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 12-24-2007, 02:07 AM

Default 5 Knots?????

Go to the Freak Dog Kites home page and watch the first video....www.freakdogkites.com
Watch all of them, and see some great DR talent busting multiple handle passes, while you're thinking about that first video. Hes not powered, but does ride a little, and not on flat water.
These are light wind kites made in 9,11, and 13 Meters, by Eric Hertsens and will be available in the U.S. in the future through Freak Dog distributors and the online store.

I will be demo ing the Freak Dog kites at East Beach on Monday 12-24, if anyone wants to try them.
Steve (813)389-3683

Last edited by kite-4-life; 01-14-2008 at 09:01 AM.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:50 PM

There's only 1-13m in the U.S. right now, but hopefully will make its way to Tampa Bay soon for a demo.

I think it could do a lot for our windless paradise, and probably is the future in kite design.

www.freakdogkites.com
Old 12-29-2007, 06:06 PM
Skyway Scott

I think 5 knots is a pipe dream. (How's that?)

I would like to see the kite in 8 knots though.
Maybe it'll blow that hard, (sarcasm), tomorrow.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:32 AM

Default Eze

I got to demo the 11m EZE in pretty light wind on a 140 board that they let me use. What appeared to be a standard board performed as well as my 666, which I didn't have with me cuz I was a dumba$$. The combination was great. To haul my fat ass around on an 11m kite when the only other person out was at least 70lbs less than me on a 13m Best kite is significant.
I really think the EZE kite raises the bar for light wind performance. To get a kite to fly in 5kts is an accomplishment. I think the video of that guy screwing around on a skim only shows the potential of the kites.

Anyway, just my 2 cents...
Old 01-02-2008, 08:15 AM

Thanks for posting your experience with the kite, Flow! I am eager to get my hands on the 13 and give it a whirl on some butter flat water.
BTW, to view the video, I think you have to click on the home page, then click the EZE page.
I think maybe Scott is a little worried that he might have to pay up on his long running bet about light wind kiting. What was that magic # again Scotty?
Old 01-02-2008, 02:16 PM
Skyway Scott

That bet is still in play

It was this --
Have to ride a kiteboard (without an engine in it). Any kiteboard (including Glide) that has fins, will do.
Have to hold ground in 5 knots of wind for ten minutes.(not 7 or 8 knots, 5 knots).
If I am next to you, holding ground, bet is void (cuz it's probably blowing more up top, as evidenced by me holding ground).

If you do it (on your kite) and I can't (on my kite), you win 300 bucks.
Bet has been on since the Hellfish claims of jumping in 6 knots (yea.... right)
It still stands.

I can't really lose, because if I do "lose", I win, due to having more rideable days.

Oh, if you claim you can do it and fail, you owe me 30 bucks.
It's a ten to one odds bet.