FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2006, 09:37 PM

Default Just joined forum

Hello all! Gio here. Started kiteboarding about 3 months ago. Try to get as much practice in once a week as possible. As weekends are my only chance. FLying a 12M North Rhino 05. Kind of bulky kite, but its been good to learn.

Eagle I emailed you when I was getting into the sport for some advice on gear. Never heard back. I am a Clearwater Florida Native. 26 years here.

I've been at Loan Oak point every weekend. North point of Caladesi flying and practicing. Best wind I have had is 14 knots. I am finding out its not enough, or I am doing something wrong. I've been tea bagging real bad for maybe 20 feet and then lose all power.

I am tired of light wind so I am going to try your recommendation Eagle and hit East Beach at De Soto this saturday. Ive been watching the wind, pray for some good wind. I want 20 knots.. and I think I will get going.

Anyway.. just introducing myself to everyone. Hope to run into you guys on the beach. I have a jet ski, so if anyone ever wants to meet up we have a rescue vehicle.

gio922@yahoo.com

See ya!