FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 02-05-2007, 12:13 PM
Can't Re-member

Quote:
We still have the first production reel bar, some old Naish long boards with straps, and some stories of Trip Foreman that are priceless.
I thought the first production reel bar was made in all white and 35 inches long and had a double bar in the middle instead of just one bar. Maybe you got that one as a third production model from raphael baruch instead of from cory roeseller?

Yeah, I Got some stories of trip as well , like that time he made a 3 foot hole in my kite cause he didn't know how to water-launch a foil kite so he took a knife to my kite to drain the water
Old 02-05-2007, 05:02 PM
popeye

Huh? lol Some old schoolers probably wouldn't agree. I am pretty darn sure there were some shops before them.. So "one of" ... could be correct but they were definitely not the first. Maybe they just didn't know of any other shops or maybe they are pretending they didn't exist.

I bet Skyway Scott would know the names of those shops (he told me once but I can't remember) since he was riding back when it was still Tackle Shack (before they sold kite boarding gear).

Glad to see WSW finally demo'ing gear and listening to what riders want (good gear at rock bottom prices).

Quote:
Originally Posted by popeye
Feel free to let us know what you are looking for and likely we can get it for you. We are all ears. Our customers drive our inventory....
At this point you should probably start paying FKSA for advertising space.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:49 PM

You guys crack me up.

Maybe my approach is bit more forward, but talking about gear is talking about gear, however you want to view it. Thought the internet was a place to share information. Didn't know that was self regulated to.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:59 PM
popeye

Nah it's all good. But if you pimp don't be surprised when you get called on it!

If we didn't do the smackdown now and then, we'd have best posting thread after thread about the hellfish! I guess you have to spend some time on kiteforum to appreciate the joke.

Anyway talking about gear is cool, but it's about promoting good gear, whether you sell it or not.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:02 PM

Talking

Nuf said sailor!
Old 02-05-2007, 07:08 PM
popeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyway Scott
As a newer rider can you relate to what it was like to show up at EB on a weekend and have only 5 other guys there just 4 years ago? Or look around, see 12 kites and say "Man, everyone is here" ?
Those days are gone... it's sad. Sort of like when skateboarders were hated and ESPN didn't make a dime off of them. Now everyone cashes in and skateboarding is as popular as football. What a joke. It's like going to the mall to buy your "punk" clothes, pre-torn and clean.

And these new mall ratts consider themselves the experts on what punk is all about.

sellouts. I have no idea what my point is, but this is a damn good beer.

Oh I know what it was. When sports become driven by advertising they loose themselves to what the advertisers want. Snowboarders in ski suits for god's sake with advertisements pinned all over their body like a freaking 10 speed racer. Screw that, lets keep it real.

Last edited by popeye; 02-05-2007 at 07:38 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:30 PM

oh shit.
beer + forum = bad mojo<<<<<at least for me
scott aren't you forgetting a local shop?
Old 02-05-2007, 07:40 PM
popeye

Bayflite ah yeah. Wassup bro. You don't remember me prolly but we met ahile back when u were driving that green bus. One cool dude, and yeah you are right about the beer.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:13 PM
Can't Re-member

Thumbs up

KUMBAYYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what about giving Dougie a thumbs up for bringing in/ buying the 2nd LEI kite ever into st pete/ tackle shack?

Yeah, I talked him into it. Peace all , and remember we were all there once
( some with less de-power )

I'm your bro Popeye!

KUMBAYYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

__________________________________________________ ___________________________
You don't direct ostriches, you herd them
Old 02-05-2007, 08:23 PM
popeye

Ok dudez. Peace out, i think. Raul sell me a reel bar, u have one dont u.