FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > KITEBOARDING AT ... launches, precautions, SCHOOLS, SHOPS, meets, local groups and more > Northwest Florida
Connect with Facebook

Old 07-28-2004, 12:50 PM
Administrator

Default Who's Riding Where This Weekend???

Well?
Old 07-28-2004, 12:50 PM
Administrator

Default Who's Riding Where This Weekend???

Well?
Old 08-09-2004, 09:58 PM

Default Alligator Point

Saturdy, Sunday and Monday we had ENE winds between 15-20 in the mornings....cool breeze for a change. Alligator Point was going off..it was all butter on the inside....only three riders on the water all weekend. Two new riders showed up....this IS NOT a beginners launch spot. The launch is very tight here, as it is a small public access.

I heard that northern Florida had some great conditions over the weekend. A repost from Eddie at St. Augustine appears at:

http://www.fksa.org/viewtopic.php?t=...asc&highlight=

Luck dogs, we had RAIN, well there is/was a drought, oh well. Glad you folks got a good session in.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:58 PM

Default Alligator Point

Saturdy, Sunday and Monday we had ENE winds between 15-20 in the mornings....cool breeze for a change. Alligator Point was going off..it was all butter on the inside....only three riders on the water all weekend. Two new riders showed up....this IS NOT a beginners launch spot. The launch is very tight here, as it is a small public access.

I heard that northern Florida had some great conditions over the weekend. A repost from Eddie at St. Augustine appears at:

http://www.fksa.org/viewtopic.php?t=...asc&highlight=

Luck dogs, we had RAIN, well there is/was a drought, oh well. Glad you folks got a good session in.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:12 PM

Default Wind

We had rain and lightning this morning along with South East winds around 15. The Gulf was going off and Beach Drive in Town was looking good. The President came to town in the afternoon and clustered the traffic........I am under the impression we need a kiteboarding President next go around.
Bonnie is on the move towards us......looks like wind for days with Charley close behind...might get to break out the 10 meter kites for a change. With gusty conditions on the way....everyone use caution....don't launch if you have any doubts.
Rush
Old 08-10-2004, 08:12 PM

Default Wind

We had rain and lightning this morning along with South East winds around 15. The Gulf was going off and Beach Drive in Town was looking good. The President came to town in the afternoon and clustered the traffic........I am under the impression we need a kiteboarding President next go around.
Bonnie is on the move towards us......looks like wind for days with Charley close behind...might get to break out the 10 meter kites for a change. With gusty conditions on the way....everyone use caution....don't launch if you have any doubts.
Rush
Old 08-11-2004, 05:19 PM

Default Bonnie & Charley

We thought it might start nuking today.....WRONG... we had some Southerly winds before noon mixed with rain...picked up to 18, rained and then dropped off to near nothing. The waves are only about 3 feet in the Gulf...tonight's forecast is South East 25-35 with gusts to 50 through tomorrow noon, then going west at 25-35. Friday and Saturday is North West 15-20. It's going to be a gusty few days here......
Old 08-11-2004, 05:19 PM

Default Bonnie & Charley

We thought it might start nuking today.....WRONG... we had some Southerly winds before noon mixed with rain...picked up to 18, rained and then dropped off to near nothing. The waves are only about 3 feet in the Gulf...tonight's forecast is South East 25-35 with gusts to 50 through tomorrow noon, then going west at 25-35. Friday and Saturday is North West 15-20. It's going to be a gusty few days here......
Old 08-14-2004, 09:38 PM

Default Wind No wind

While Charley smashes it way through Southern FLorida's gulf coast and on through Daytona, Panama City Beach had sunny, clear skys and some cooler temperatures. Northeast winds around 10-12 knots....we took the wave runner over to Shell Island and watched the wind fizzle as it heated up on Friday. Saturday had the same offshore winds...Carl Gray Park is the regular launch for Northerly winds, so we launched there...same old fizzle as the temperature heated up. I rode the 19.5 CONTRA on Friday and the Naish V4 on Saturday. The CONTRA has a light feeling and turns on a dime and seems to have a big wind range. The V4 has lower end grunt and pull but turns slower and has a smaller range. I weigh 205 so to be moving upwind in 10-12 is a good feeling. The V4 in ultra light wind is still my kite of choice. Once it picks up over 12 the CONTRA takes over.
Old 08-14-2004, 09:38 PM

Default Wind No wind

While Charley smashes it way through Southern FLorida's gulf coast and on through Daytona, Panama City Beach had sunny, clear skys and some cooler temperatures. Northeast winds around 10-12 knots....we took the wave runner over to Shell Island and watched the wind fizzle as it heated up on Friday. Saturday had the same offshore winds...Carl Gray Park is the regular launch for Northerly winds, so we launched there...same old fizzle as the temperature heated up. I rode the 19.5 CONTRA on Friday and the Naish V4 on Saturday. The CONTRA has a light feeling and turns on a dime and seems to have a big wind range. The V4 has lower end grunt and pull but turns slower and has a smaller range. I weigh 205 so to be moving upwind in 10-12 is a good feeling. The V4 in ultra light wind is still my kite of choice. Once it picks up over 12 the CONTRA takes over.