FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

Old 02-13-2010, 11:58 AM

I know that everyone is looking forward to this Event/Race, and y'all have no idea how much I am too, since I did not even make it all the way last year...lol..I am having a very small problem, but I know with all the people coming, that this small problem will be taken care of...I need Volunteer's..I am looking for at least 8 people, and these people will be given jobs to do at the Event/Race...i.e, keeping time, help land kites, collect money from the kiteboarders for the Event/Race and for T-shirts, etc..I will need 4 people at the 30 mile finish, and 4 people at the 60 mile finish..Any help afterwards at the Trophy Presentation would be helpful too..
Old 02-15-2010, 02:44 PM

I'll be bringing at least one volunteer with me, Leslye. She said she'll be happy to help keep times or sign people up, but she can't land kites. I'll see if I can round up some more.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:58 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Some shots from last year ...

Lots more where those came from at:
http://fksa.org/showthread.php?t=8052

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 02-17-2010, 06:03 PM

I'll be bringing 5 volunteer and 3 riders

enrique
iko instructor #3301
Naples kite boarding lessons , gear , kite trip , rentals
http://www.naplespaddleboardingrentals.com/
Naples paddleboard rentals-kayak tours -summer camp -meet up -news
http://www.naplespaddleboard.com/

naples,marcos island,bonita beach,san carlo, fort myers
Store 953 3rd ave north naples Florida
239-601-2700
Old 02-17-2010, 09:03 PM

Thanks Latino, for bringing all the Riders and Volunteers..AWESOME...

I am SORRY to Say...The 72 Hour Notice is being POSTED....There is NO RACE this coming Weekend..If You are like Me, and there is a DEEP Passion in the Blood for this Sport, and it never ends, but to know that "Mother Nature" is NOT going to be here for US for this Event/Race, it is hard to post this info...We are now looking to do this Event/Race the following weekend, the 27th or 28 th of February, but to also know that the 6th and 7th of March are the Back-up dates...

I am also asking Sean Farley, and ALL the Other Top Pro's to contact Their Sponsors, and to let them know this info, so hopefully They can STAY, and be part of this Event/Race/Charity next weekend, if "Mother Nature" does come thru..It would be a Shame to know that Y'all were here, and did not get to race against an Amputee, who KICKed everyone's Butt last year..Sean R. just called Me personal, and told me quote "I plan to Kick Everyone's Ass again this year, period"...You heard it here, from last years "King of the 60 mile Downwinder"...

We will be doing something different this year for the "Start"...Two things:

First, there will be a 10 minute Delay between the 60 mile downwinders and the 30 mile downwinders..If anyone has a comment on this, please feel free to "Comment", we are all ears..

Second, there will be a 10 minute, 5 minute, then a 1 minute start for the Main Event/Race, for the 60 mile downwinder, not the 30 mile...30 Mile downwinder will start 10 minutes right after the 60 mile downwinder starts...

THIS IS A 72 HOUR POST...NO RACE THIS WEEKEND of the 20th or 21st...

There will still be a Pre-Party the evening before the Event/Race, next week...
Old 02-18-2010, 05:42 AM

What's the plan for te rstricted area in front of the Air Force base?
Old 02-18-2010, 07:24 AM

The 10 min delay will require some very good record keeping of who started in what group. As the front riders in the second group will be mixed with the back riders in the first group as they get to the 30 mile mark.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:51 AM

So far I've got word from Slingshot, Nobile, Cabrinha, and Best that they'll be "rallying the troops" to come out to the race.

Hope we get some wind next weekend!
Old 02-18-2010, 03:36 PM

Here is how we are wanting the start to happen...We will have one clock running at the 30 mile and one at the 60 mile finish...I will call the person at the 60 mile mark when I am counting down to the 1 minute start for the 60 mile..At the start the clock "starts" for the 60..10 minutes later, I call the 30 mile person with the clock, and do the samething for the 30 mile leg...If you "Sign-up" for the 30, then You stop at the 30, if you pass people, so be it, but you must stop at the 30, that is where your time ends, on the "check in sheet"..There will be a "Sign-in" sheet with everyone who is doing the 30, and one for those doing the 60...You stop at the leg you signed up for...After the sign-in is done, "A Runner", per say, will leave and drop off the sheets at each finish, while the Riders get things ready for the Race....

There is NO ISSUE about P.A.F.B, We have been cleared to "GO THUR", but You CANNOT STOP, unless You break down, of course..They would understand that, All About Safety...

My fingers are losing feeling from having them crossed, praying for WIND next Weekend....

So keep the word going about the Event/Race, and pray for wind...We are hoping for NNE 15 plus...I like that direction myself personally...lol..
Old 02-21-2010, 03:54 PM

We know that this is Sunday the 21st, and We all know that "Mother Nature" can decide what is going to happen with Us daily..We are looking at ALL weather sites to give Us the "heads-up" on what might be coming in for the next few days..What We are seeing is that the winds "might" be here for next weekends Event/Race, maybe..We are also seeing that the direction is looking like Side Offshore wind, which is NOT a great thing to see..But this is Sunday, and things will change between now and then..Keep looking at the "post" for the 72 hour notice, which We will post on Wednesday, if not sooner...Pray for wind and the right direction, please..