FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 06-03-2006, 08:17 AM
E-Bone

Default Kite Bagz now in production!

Now that I have been using my bagz to pack kitez, there is no way I am going back to screwing around with trying to coax a kite into a stock bag. It's a waste of time and hard on the kite. Because I liked the original bag so much, I decided to make several, especially after numerous kiters expressed interest in them after seeing me pack my 15m Ion in two seconds.

I have several new bagz ready, so if you see me at the session and are interested in a bag, let me know. I made the original bag after I got tired of trying to pack a big kite into its small bag. Currently, I have a righteous bag with an Elvis surf theme on it (this bag is the HEAT!), as well as a few others that are more of a general surf style. Each is labeled with the thug "Bone Bag" stencil, so everyone will know that you are down with the Bone.

The bagz are $50.00 each and will hold your biggest kite with ease. You will pay more at a marine shop for a sail bag that will not meet your needs as effectively (which is why I started making bagz in the first place). The bagz are perfect for local packing, so you can save your stock kite bag for airline travel (and keep the stock bag looking much newer when you decide to sell the kite). I make the bagz by hand and can design them to order for board bags, as well.

They look pimp--I've been grabbing cool fabrics as I see them. They are sturdy as well, lined with a heavy fabric under the exterior graphic fabric. If you want a bag with a certain fabric, like camoflage, Gators or Semioles, John Deere, butterflies, Muppets, whatever, I can usually find a fabric that meets the criteria. I even found some My Little Pony Fabric. Sorry, no Hello Kitty or unicorn fabric yet (damn). In the event that a fabric is really pricey, the price of the bag might change, but $50.00 is going to be the standard price for a large kite bag.
Old 06-03-2006, 05:01 PM
E-Bone

Today was a good day for the bagz debut. Team Bone was formed with Skyway Scott, Alex Fox, and the Donster hooking up with some bagz and Big R ordering a bag for Little L's Super Phatty board.

Thanks for making me feel good about all the hard work on the bagz. Although there is one left, it's time to get some more fabric...
Old 06-03-2006, 10:30 PM
Skyway Scott

I may not have read closely enuff, but, the board bag is also cool.
My one complaint about DaKine bags is that while sliding the board into the bag, I would scratch the rails of the board on the zipper. Kinda defeats the purpose of trying to protect it.

Anyway, I got a board bag with draw string and kite bag today (both red... is there another color?). Thanks Eric.

Its true about the Turbo Diesel 14m kite bag (it being way too small). Donna and I spend 20 minutes tightly packing down the kite to fit each time we ride. The 10m is no prob, tho..
I find ithat 20 minutes of engineering annoying and I honestly think it might put wear on the kite packing it down that hard. Placing alot of weight on the kite to get ALL the air out can't be good if something remotely sharp is under it.

Altho not recommended by the manufacturer, Donna is planning on putting both her 10 and 14m TDs in her blue bag
http://www.flkitesurf.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1416
Old 06-04-2006, 04:51 AM
Can't Re-member

OMG Scott!!! are U serious?

Quote:
Donna and I spend 20 minutes tightly packing down the kite to fit each time we ride.
even challenged people like me and L do this in like 5 minutes

With da' bonez bagz itz only like 30 seconds tho'

U and Donna can't be more challenged than us , can U? LOL!!!! :lol: :shock:

:lol:
Old 06-04-2006, 08:13 AM
Skyway Scott

Unfortunately, I am serious. Its the world's tightest fit of kite into a bag that I've ever seen. The 10m is no prob, but the 14m TD is a diff story.
I didn't know you guys had a 14m Turbo Diesel. :?

Other kites into other bags aren't nearly as hard, I hope anyway. :x

I don't know... just wish the stock bags allowed ease of packing. Crunching them down as tight as they can go (especially one-pump kites with the valve "clips") can't be good. I think maybe alot of the new bags are geared toward travelling by plane, which seems reasonable, if you travel alot.
I would rather gently wrap up my kite and put it into a bigger bag while just tooling around St. Pete in my truck though
Old 06-04-2006, 09:04 AM
E-Bone

That'z the spirit, Scott.

In answer to your color question, I have seen the fabric that I used to make your board bag in red, blue, black, and pink, so if you get fatigued on the red, let me know. There are a ton of other fabrics, so you can almost get anything you want.

I got some fabric for Little L's board bag this morning, as well as some camo and some other colors, so I will have something to do today when it doesn't blow.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:02 AM
Can't Re-member

AiiLLright!!!!!

soundsz likwke Little L is gettin' a heat bag!

arrrgh!!!!
Old 06-04-2006, 10:46 AM
Skyway Scott

Eric,

Is it possible to put a shoulder strap on the board bags?
Then they would be the TOTAL heat
Old 06-04-2006, 10:47 AM

HEy what about a bonze bag for the contra 23 beast that will you busy til the cold fronts come back :lol:

Yes I have watched Donna and Scott do the fine art of Orgami kite folding it does look very peaceful and soothing but unfortunately I am more of the quick fold and stuff type kiter.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:51 AM
Skyway Scott

Yeah,

I am serious tho about injuring your kite when packing it down THAT tight.
I have been complaining since day one of the tight squeeze of that bag.
Glad we got a bigger bag.

As a side note, which Eric already mentioned... keeping your kite bag like new really helps for resale of a kite (especially to newer riders who can't judge condition of a kite) What I mean is, the kite might be spotless, but, if the bag looks bad, they might infer the kite is in bad shape.
Daryl told me this a few years ago. At first I didn't believe him, til I saw people judging a kite by its bag (book by cover). So, keeping bag like new might help with resale of a kite (to some people, anyway)