FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 05-13-2008, 07:44 PM

My new Avatar is Awsome!! Right Danny..
Old 05-13-2008, 08:09 PM

Not just awesome Chris, you forgot to mention, sexy, studly, and just down right badass!
Old 05-13-2008, 08:50 PM
Skyway Scott

Thumbs up

Funny.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:42 PM
Skyway Scott

Here is a related thread going on about surfers/kiters.

http://www.extremekiteskiteboarding....220&highlight=
Old 05-15-2008, 06:18 AM

Thanks for putting up that link Scott. It was very refreshing to read a thread without the "A" word in every single post.

It actually caused me to look thru other threads and spend time in that fourm, as our local one has been reduced to sounding like an elementry school playground.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:41 AM
Tom Stock

Thumbs up

thats awesome
Old 05-15-2008, 09:24 AM
Skyway Scott

A few of us have made a conscious decision and effort to focus on the positive more than the negative. I personally think it is a good idea to stay more positive, so I followed suit. Conversations with a couple guys convinced me this was the way to go (for me, anyway).
Being light hearted and trying to do/say more good stuff has made me feel better. If it's grade school, that's cool, I liked that more than grad school anyway. I think it's easier to have a true since of community when all feel welcome. The forum (at least our section) has had a tendency to focus on behaviors that aren't good and need improving, but that are in the minority and not focus on the good stuff. I think the news does that too. I don't watch the news for that reason. Several of us are just trying to focus on good stuff more, to balance stuff out. Maybe it's off base or a bad idea, but I am sticking with it for as long as possible.

If you read through the EK forum, you will notice every single post I made on there was positive (one exception only), as are most by everyone on there.
I hear what you are saying Whitey, I just wanted you to know there is a larger purpose to what might appear to be a joke.
Several of us are actually taking this "switching gears" quite seriously.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:29 PM

Don't take me alive into Kid Charlemagne into my old school into peg into Rickey don't loose that number etc etc very nice jam. Donald Fagen and Walter Becker wrote some really great stuff.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:24 PM
Skyway Scott

Yeah they did. Very impressed that you noticed most of those. Thanks for noticing them.
Yeah... Donald F. and Walter B. were basically a couple of my heroes growing up for very many reasons, one being they put the music first and knew how to call in for "back up" They always had the best on call to fill in solos, etc. I (tried anyway) to pattern a lot of my drum playing around learning their songs. I learned just about every song, except obviously for the solo on Aja. No one but Steve Gadd himself is gonna pull that one off.
I quit drums and playing in a side band 2 weeks after I started kiting, btw. Not enough time (on weekends) for both.

I read that they actually had over 9 guys (paid pros) come in and lay down tracks for the solo in Peg until Jay Graydon nailed it. That solo is one of my favorites. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEhRnBSGPjA

It's obvious each song was crafted with extreme attention to detail, and that's why (for me) they simply are awesome.

(after ''hill street blues' or whatever comes some steely riffs! from Larry Carlton)

http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?vid...KScYU8wmyJqDZr