FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

Old 03-23-2007, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickI View Post
this story had me wondering if the waves were too chunky at boynton inlet to paddle in.
I agree it is a stretch still there may be at least one case of this in florida. maui has jaws we have ... impacted wisdom teeth?
Impacted wisdon teeth

Outside Inlet is make able by paddling in, Although you'll definatly wear the hat a few times. Till you drift a bit south away from the racetrac and more toward the shoulder.

The biggest day I ever surf it was the day after "The Perfect Storm" which sent swell 20-25ft along the east coast of Florida. I jumped off the North jetty and paddled my ass off to get to the outside. Once I got there it always seemed like you were too far inside. I was confronted with sets comming in at 15-18ft faces and I'm on a 6'3" thruster. When the swells would come in you could hear them coming (crashing) down coast. They sounded like freight trains. I pretty much sat out there from a good 30-45min just in total awe. I'd never seen Florida that big before let alone waves of that size.
I watched a few of my friends go and there I was, I had to pick on off too just to get in. So I took one of those mackers and dropped in w/my toenails gripping my deck. Looking back in shear amazement, then the speed wobbles hit (like a skateboard w/loose trucks) and well. It was time to pratice my UW breathing for a while. Once I pulled that off, I paddled to the mid break and surfed an Epic session on 4-6ft Juciy swell.

Thanks for the Memory Rick

These are two Fantastic pics of the "Pump House"