FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 05-28-2006, 09:32 PM

I just got at Cypress when the wind picked up like arround 1:15pm. Solid 15-16 MPH. Great day at the beach. Still working out going upwind but the technique is getting better. Gary I'll give you a call next time, I saved your phone. Toby Boy thanks for the call dude, I also had a great day yesterday hanging arround with the rest of the Wilson tribe. Chris I was getting all the attention from the ghetto babes until you showed up.

Erick
Old 05-28-2006, 10:07 PM
Skyway Scott

Good stuff! out at Cypress!

Bryan, we actually did put his kite up (and were safe) let him fly it (out a ways and with my finger on his QR and my other hand on his harness... no jokes please.. Toby)
then convinced him he needed a lesson and to put it down. It all ended well.

Thanks to Steve for observing his "newness" and placement of red flag on newbie's forehead.

By hangout, I just meant that place is becoming popular to kiters. (perv)
Hell, even I am starting to like it out there (for kiting, Toby) Kinda scary, since part of me views that place as "the place where trees eat kites"
Old 05-28-2006, 10:12 PM

Chris,
change of schedule for tommorrow.....tried calling a few times. Need to reschdule for this Saturday. Wife has plan for us to go up to Cypress Springs.

Saturday, my boys will be here also. Hope this gets to you in time...sorry guys for going off topic..ahhhh...Cypress was O.K. today. Not the kind of place you want to bring your family too....

B
Old 05-29-2006, 12:32 AM
Skyway Scott

Man,

It must be bad. It sounds like the park is a curse, not a blessing.
I use to windsurf there 15 years ago occassionally, not a soul in sight. Things were different in St. Pete then ... period.. 20 and (this is scary) to 39 years ago
Old 05-29-2006, 09:07 AM

Bryan, PM me. I know who it is but see posting about someone's misfortune as kind of negative toward them and just want to keep everything positive going forward. I'll give you his name in a PM so you can go directly to the source and hear the story from him as to what happened...

Hope to see you all out today "when" we get good wind!!!
Old 05-29-2006, 05:19 PM

It was still a fun day yesterday at Cypress. Eric you can keep those ghetto babes. Besides they were just using me to get to you. LOL

I hope there is something to ride next week in the way of wind that is.

-Chris
Old 05-29-2006, 05:40 PM
Skyway Scott

Did you ride out there today?
Old 05-29-2006, 06:47 PM

Don't look like nobody really did any riding today. Was at EB from 11 til 2 to watch the wind die. All the smart people stayed home. When it switched to a light NW I thought Cypress would be the spot by the time I got there. Not even enough to keep a trainer in the air there by 4:20...oops I mean 4:30! Oh well, guess it was my turn to get skunked, I'll not put my faith in forcasts again...unless it is signed by Scott. Should have just sat out by the pool with Parrrot Bay close by. Right Gary!
Saw Steve there at Cypress and heard about the accident. Sounds nasty. The boat claims another unsuspecting victim. Would be nice to mark it better or maybe figure out how to clear it. If that's gonna be the hangout spot. Again Toby, please no comments. Us newbies are attracted to crap underwater.
Hope the winds treat the rest of you guys better this week! I'm gonna' tell my Momma they was mean to me.
Old 05-29-2006, 07:02 PM

Oh Yeah, By the way I'm beginning to feel right-at-home at Cypress on the weekends lately.

Lots of music with flavor, loud conversation, looks like this :x if you glance their way, moving the barracade out of the friggin' way so you can drive up to the picnic table...well you get the picture.

A lot like living in Town-n-Country

It is a different story during the week though.

Terrible...even worse...don't even go there...

Oh crap! Now I feel guilty for lying to you guys. Especially since you Know it's still a good little spot for an after work session
Old 05-29-2006, 08:54 PM
Skyway Scott

Ahh,

That bites. Sorry to hear that. I am wondering if the beach is the only place that it blew now. Did anyone hit the backside?

I am wondering if it was somehow storm related now, because we had some clouds out at the beach. I even gave Donna the "you are more valuable than the kite" speech and told her if it got REAL hairy, to just let the crap go!
As we were rigging, it was getting windier and windier and looked kinda strormy just inland of us. When she first hit the water, it was solid 20, and I was concerned enough to just watch her for 15 minutes (then I was like... f' this ... this is GREAT wind, I am launching ... LOL)

Randy, Colin, Thomas Crawford, Louie, and one more rider (at Blind Pass) ended up riding the beach within an hour of us launching.

Thanks for info, I just like knowing where it blew and what.
It looked like no wind by Raul's again (very strange) according to the sensor and the Cypress sensor says up and down (times ten)
http://www.iwindsurf.com/windandwher...49&siteID=2000

Sounds like Cypress is a "stay away" on weekends?

Well, it is currently blowing 25 outta the ENE at the skyway.. holy moly its windy!! Lassing night sesh?

http://www.iwindsurf.com/windandwher...1&timeoffset=0