FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 05-29-2006, 10:03 PM
E-Bone

I rode Backside from about 4 to 5, then it died. Then I sat around for an hour, it came back up and I got another 90 minutes in. It was pretty light, so I spent most of my time screwing around with some unhooked stuff. Toby was there, Russky, Chili, and another fellow on a 20m RRD.

I could tell that you beachside bums were getting better wind by looking at the flag at Fort Desoto. Congrats and I am glad you had a good session. I think that the cloud activity that helped you may have hurt us, although it was not stormy where we were. Intermittent clouds seemed to depress the wind...

I am not complaining because I rode quite a bit, but some observations: the stench at Backside, I presume from all the rotting seawide, was heinous. Also, there were about 50 people, 20 of them screaming kids, in the water and on the sand. With all of the pristine spots in the area, it is beyond me why anyone would go to Backside for a beach trip or stay there once getting a load of the place, especially with the reek. Dumbasses!

In keeping with the usual Backside theme, there were some odd characters around. Toby said that he spotted some guy walking around wearing butt floss, and, in Toby's words, a "sock on his d*ck." Glad I didn't see him myself.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:18 PM
Skyway Scott

Ugh,

Yeah, why would people hang out there? when the "real" beach exists as an alternative (cooking out I bet). Now you know why I was asking if it was gonna be a crowded mess out there :x

I think maybe the timing was off out there too. Did Toby say it was windier earlier? (Sorry I am so anal about wind, I just like to know 'cuz it helps me guess better in the future). It did seem to be slowing down when we left the beach at 5:30.

Well, at least you got to ride a little. Glad I missed the guy in the butt floss, the chicks at the beach are quite a bit better view, I would suspect. Of course, watching your own chick rip it up 50 yards away just can't be beat... Donna was really doing awesome out there
She was pretty pumped to have such a great day this time of year and practice jumps and stuff.

Eric, you think tomorrow morning is gonna blow?
Maybe the Skyway in the am?.. I will get up early to ride if it's blowing.
Oh, I landed a new trick today.. it was a $%^& to tarpon school! Yep, right on a friggin' tarpon..... (that's a first)
Old 05-29-2006, 10:25 PM

I was at IRB, about 22nd ave.

It was pretty windy... ranging from underpowered to riding nicely from 3-5pm.

I took my girlfriend with me, she just grabbed onto me and I bodydragged with her downwind.

Too many people at the beach though... but then hearing the little kids onshore saying "Whoa......" when jumping/doing tricks was funny.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:26 PM
Skyway Scott

Yeah,

As long as Bill Parker aint around, people think you're good. I was livin' it up today. People were like "wow, you're good"
If he was there, they woulda been like "why do you suck so bad?"

Thanks for the report.
Sounds like the beach was it.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:50 PM

Yeah, the guy with the sock, floss & co. was absolutely BRUTAL!!! It didn't help that he looked like he was at least 90 years old!!! :shock: I yelled at him to put some clothes on and he just waved at me!!! I wanted to PUKE!!! :evil: There was a kid who couldn't have been more than 7 years old playing in the water not 20 yards away so I rode as close as I felt comfortable (a kite lenth away from the trees) and called his Father out and told him about the crusty old nudist swingin' his wrinkle worm that close to his son. He then went and called the Staties to have the guy cover up and the guy and the two people he was with (fully clothed) disappeared shortly thereafter...

Oh yeah, and don't worry teabag, I won't bust on your backside comments...yet!!! :lol:
Old 05-30-2006, 03:29 AM
Can't Re-member

Th'was no wind here, very strange. :cry: :wink: