FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

Old 02-22-2010, 06:51 PM

Default Used Kites/Harnesses for kids w/potential

Hey Gang - I'm looking for some help picking up any used XS/S/M harnesses that you might have laying around to take down to Colombia for some damn good local kids who live Cartagena (Las Americas/Boquilla area). I've been kiting there for the last few years & have left a few harness/kite/bars/pump/impact vest etc. after a trip (like I did this week). Anyway, for my next trip I'd like to bring about 4-6 harnesses for the top kids (who don't have a penny to their name), who are throwing & landing tricks I've only seen a few of the guys at Matheson pull off - one of the little guys pulled off a podium finish in Jan at ColombiaKite (new series this year - 3 stops).

If you'd like to donate great, if not, anything you can spare for $40-60/harness would be great. Also, any used kites, at a great price, would be awesome (bladder holes/fabric rips are OK, they can fix anything) - I left an '07 12m LF this weekend that I'm sure has seen more airtime since Saturday than I've put on it in the last two seasons.

PM me for any ?'s/suggestions or any advice for Kiting in Cartagena (there are three non-stops almost every day from MIA/FTL for cheap - only 2 1/2 hours), thanks.
Aron
Old 02-25-2010, 06:50 PM

I have a kite i can donate.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:34 PM

Awesome! Can you PM me with info? Real's got some great prices on some of their used school gear, I picked up a few Dakine Pyro's from them for the boys - I hope to get them down to them before the end of March when the next leg of the ColombiaKite hits Cartagena -- Sandon (2nd from left in the pic) finished 4th overall in the Freestyle on all borrowed kit, I'd like to at least get him his own harness before the next leg.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0907.JPG (112.7 KB, 7 views)
Old 03-01-2010, 10:23 AM

I sent you a PM