FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Stuff for sale, Promotions, Demos, Etc. ...
Connect with Facebook

Old 09-16-2009, 09:00 PM

Default 2009/2010 Season

Man it seems that the season is taking forever to get here. Last year we had a good amount of wind in Aug/Sept due to some favorable storm conditions, but it seems that is just not the case this year.

Just my perspective, but this seems to be the year of the bar. Seems companies are all coming out with new bar designs and below the bar safety systems. This is good to see and I am sure will continue to evolve over time.

Another interesting thing as we approach the 2010 model year is how kite pricing is starting to be an even playing field now more than ever. For example the Best Nemesis and Cabrinha Switchblade are only $50.00 apart in price. Not trying to start a Best vs. Cabrinha thread, just interesting how times have changed.

Can't wait to get out there are start kiting again. It seems like it has been forever. I can say I have been to some of the hottest spots in kiting, Hatteras, S. Padre, and the Gorge, and I must say, this is still my favorite place to kite. Just sucks to have to wait so long on the wind.

It will be here soon enough. I hope that more folks will get into riding kites wtih surfboards. If you haven't had a chance to explore this avenue, you are missing out on another side of kiteboarding. Riding twin tips vs. surfboards are just two different animals. I am reaching a point with the twin tip that I just don't feel I can progress any more, however, with the surfboard, i feel I am just getting started.

I am most excited this season about getting more time on the surfboard in the Gulf and the Atlantic and just murdering some waves. For me, it will be all about downwinders as much as possible.

Looking forward to seeing you all out there sometime soon.

Steve-O