FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > KITEBOARDING AT ... launches, precautions, SCHOOLS, SHOPS, meets, local groups and more > Bahamian Kiteboarding Forum
Connect with Facebook

Old 03-26-2008, 06:58 AM

Default pic from day 3

double overhead?

Last edited by ricki; 03-26-2008 at 07:44 AM.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:39 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Thanks for the additional information. I've been trying to find more specifics but I think at particularly extreme southerly loop in the jetstream shifted some heavy weather further south than normal. I think about hemisphere effects of weather systems in hurricane season. Some of these mega fronts have been kicking some butt clear across the Atlantic in the UK. They were right at Disney, "it's a small world after all?"

Heads up, there is a big front moving on from the continent currently. So, perhaps more to come. Hope you guys get some rides and none of the flooding.

THANKS for the great wave riding shot. Is that Cable Beach up the coast to the right?

Just had a look at the wave forecast. For some reason they are predicting it to go off at Indicas off the Hub of the Abacos and to a lesser extent further south. They are saying 15 ft. swells are to come in for Tuesday around noon. http://magicseaweed.com/Indicas-Surf-Report/473/

Looks like the swell should slip through to NP Tuesday as well

Tomorrow isn't looking too shabby along the Atlantic coast of the Bahamian Plateau and upper Antilles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylemuncha View Post
Hi guys

AJ asked me to come by and answer some questions

swell window for Nassau is between south end of Abaco and North end of Eleuthera. Durring winter some of the big lows that spin off the US North East and backhand a swell down to us as they move off into the Atlantic

Last week a big low moved off US east coast and raced down to the South East (unusual) and gave us a big burst of swell right down the whole Bahama chain and on through DR and PR all the way to lesser Antilies I believe?

Waves here at their peak were around 10 to 12 feet. Tripple overhead on the face.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi

Last edited by ricki; 03-26-2008 at 08:36 AM.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:51 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the additional info. Good thing it was smooth on the inside. Do you think you could ride out into it or was it pretty much locked out? It is a stretch I know but the photos almost suggest it was locked out.

Sorry to hear about the slow Internet connection there, things have changed. Takes me back. I used to visit one of the several Internet cafes beachside every morning there before the wind came up. It was summer 2001 and we had just started the FKA and some traffic was getting going on the site. http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group...messages/1?l=1

Looking forward to seeing what you put up on your return. Have a blast in the meantime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Moore View Post
Rick,

When I get back I will email you some pics. The Internet here is really slow so I had to reduce the image a lot just to post them. I return this Saturday evening so you should see an email from me by Sunday night.

The waves were about 800 yards off kite beach. It was still pretty smooth inside the reef and as you made your way out the waves progressively got bigger and bigger.

I can't wait for tomorrow with another swell hitting.

-Chris

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi

Last edited by ricki; 03-26-2008 at 10:05 AM.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:17 AM

I bet no one has any idea about how big the waves were at Rum Cay? Neither do I, But I've been there a few times and even when it's not that big, out there in the ocean it gets HUGE. not to mention this monster swell. They must have had 20ft waves. bigger than Nassau, and here, since were both blocked by some other islands. I'd love to see some pictures of the waves wrapping around Sandy point, and when it's onshore for us, it's offshore for them. Must have been insane, would have loved to take some pics.