FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2007, 10:12 AM

Question New NAISH HELIX VS new GK SONIC

Ok Guys and gals,
Obviously I am a BEST promoter being friends with Randy and Cindy and A-Bomb and all that. However, I am not loyal to such a degree that I won't try new designs out.

So, I was getting all stoked about the new NAISH Kites with the SIGMA DESIGN. I read up all the reviews about the Helix and now I want one! It just seems so intelligently engineered to me, mocking the shape of a bat. No more then two points of the leading edge on the water, allows for less drag and the relaunching ability and flying efficiency just seems PERFECT to me!

I was out riding with my good buddies Gabor and Shawn Saturday at LIDO, and I was telling them about the new Helix kites. Gabor wasn't surprised at all and told me that GK had a new design coming out for the SONIC kite. Supposedly instead of the center of the leading edge pointing inward like on the HELIX, it will point outward, creating a nose on the front of the kite. This is supposed to create the same affect as the HELIX, but I want to know the differences. I wonder if the Patent Naish has on the SIGMA designs forced GK to try an alternative?

So, has anyone seen this design of the new GK SONIC yet or have any info? ANY DIE HARD GK SONIC RIDERS and NAISH riders in here? I'm sure you know what I am talking about... if so... let me know...

Thanks,
Christopher ( toby's tasty lil fruitcake )