FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 01-12-2007, 08:44 AM

Thanks for posting these Dennis.

Last edited by toby wilson; 01-12-2007 at 08:56 AM.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:03 AM

Not this shit again
Old 01-14-2007, 09:45 AM

answer to this question
Steve-O: Does PASA have some kind of riders cert they give out like IKO does? If so are you guys going to be giving those out when you teach students once you become a PASA school?

<A PASA level 2 instructor can issue a riders certification for a membership fee to the pasa organization i think the fee is around 25 dollars and it states a riders skill level -- level 1,2,3 <level 3 being an etirely self sufficient rider who can go up wind, transition both ways, jump and rides progressively ect. the only better thing about it is that the card looks way cooler and has your picture on it. I just got a PASA level 1 instructor certification for sake of school club logistics, a level 2 status is given after 30 student reviews are submitted. Hope that clears things up a bit. Taking a class abroad untill jan 27th im fiendin for some wind bad, cant wait to get back.
-matt sexton
Old 01-14-2007, 11:38 PM

Cool

Thanks for the clarification Matt! Sounds like getting both PASA and IKO is the best way to go...Steve or Matt, what would it take to get that PASA cert? I have a level 3 IKO but it couldn't hurt to get the PASA as well. Just the $25 then???
Old 01-15-2007, 11:05 AM

yea, i wont be able to do it though untill ive gotten thirty students feedback for PASA, i got my pasa rider certification from eagle last year, so thats who i´d hit up if you want it asap, i´ve got both iko and pasa, rider insurance and starting instructor training, only for logistics with eckerd though, that 25 dollar fee is an annual one with PASA but thats the company thats legit suppesdly in the US, to me it all just seems like a bunch of red tape nonsense but i wanna have all my bases covered for the club and i´m more than happy to help anyone else out in the process when possible
-matt sexton
Old 01-15-2007, 09:44 PM

Yes, Matt is right on the money. I am not sure about the coolness of the card, but a bonus. I understand the the IKO instructor training is alot better than PASA, however, IKO does not offer the liability insurance. At least not yet.....after talking with Chris at Miami Kiteboarding, IKO is on track to offer some type of liablity insurance in 07.

It will be sometime before I am able to certify riders..... 30 students could take a year to get through or more.

In the meantime, we should all do our part to help out new folks to the sport. I see some great things out there with everyone trying to keep things safe.

Matt, I saw one of your club riders the other day....he is looking good. You have done a great job with him. Last time I saw him, he was really struggling, but looked very confident on the water. Nice job!!!!