FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

Old 02-17-2007, 07:53 PM

Sounds good.
I'm leaving the east coast in enuff time I think to make it at 9;30 to the Undertow. If i miss it (9:30), I'll have my gf drop me off at sand key and I'll catch up with who's ever riding either on the Gulf or at the Undertow. I'll prolly do 2 anyway, a morning and an afternooner. we pricelined a room at the Sirata on the Gulf. I'll carry some flip flops in my boardshorts and quarters. I take it the trolley runs north and south on the gulf. You guys have it easy. On Hatteras we usually just hitch back up wind. We sometimes drop off cars but it takes time away from the water so we're lazy and just rig and go. I'll be on North Vegas and a Jimmy Lewis surf and hopefully rippin
Dennis
Old 02-17-2007, 07:55 PM

oh yeah, my cell is 518, 265, 6228 if anyone wants to give me a head's up if the "plan" changes
Old 02-17-2007, 10:17 PM

I tried hitchin' once here years ago. It might've been before they started the trolley service. From what I've seen and heard, people hitch when they're snowboarding back country and it's no problem getting picked up. I didn't get that kind of warm reception that I had hoped for out on the beach. Everyone just looked at me weird.

I've been wanting to try the trolley for a while now. I've heard you can even just throw some socks on your feet to board the thing.

I'll probably show at the Tow. I'll check this site and weather before leaving in the AM.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:55 AM
Skyway Scott

Man I am glad we have not been on the water the last two times these fronts have come through! This morning at about 5am it went to over 45 here. My worst "beating" was associated with it going from the low teens to 50 in a heartbeat on a NW front. I was on a 12m Fuel ('02). Ouchiiee.

The leading edge is through now, it's downwinder time (for the 8 of us doing it and not in the Keys)

The forecast got upgraded to 25 to 30 (smart, since it is already doing it) and also got upgraded to much bluer skies. Great day to have 6 quarters.

I think the gameplan is to meet at the tow at 9:30. I might go ride now for an hour or so first. See you guys there.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:29 PM
Skyway Scott

I guess it was pretty windy today. Especially when we first started.
Hard to tell anymore on the newer kites.

Sure was fun, thanks guys and gal. Adam gets the hero award today.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:59 PM

Default Thanks Adam

THanks Adam for picking up my board that was definetly a long ride with an extra board for you.

I gotta a mental block at St. Johns pass 2 downwinders for me in the gulf and both times lost my board there and couldn't body drag back to it. Last time Antonio picked it up but that time I was in the water so made it the rest of the way. Need to get one of those board floats. And thanks to the kiters who picked me up on the road as well cuz I didn't have a pocket for quarters and no shoes the form must not sink in with me but I will figure something out next time!

But I had a blast from undertow to north beach so glad I stuck with it. I will get these downwinders yet! Can't wait to do it again!

Lori
Old 02-18-2007, 05:27 PM
Skyway Scott

Yeah,

On days like today the Go-Jo is a great idea. Bayflite might have some. Definitely a great day out there. Maybe next Sunday again?
Sundays seem to be good lately.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:28 PM

You're welcome Lori. I just did what I hope someone else would've done in the same situation. I was going to post it on here if it wasn't yours or Raul's.

I too, have someone to thank. That would be Tom. It would've been ugly landing that kite where I was with no kiters around.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:06 PM
Skyway Scott

Yep. Hero number 2 for sure. Tom sprinted down the beach at least 100 yards as fast as he could to reach you. (Or was the wind just blowing him?!)

I remember hoping that non-kiter didn't mess you up by trying to grab your kite.
I was very relieved to see Tom get to you.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:08 PM
invisible

np A. I was so tired (and cold) from the long sprint and walk back I convinced myself not to go to T.I and rig! Man what a wimp (me). Sheesh I am outta shape.