FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 05-13-2011, 09:24 PM

Default Litewave wing reviews ?

Anyone have any ride time on the litewave wing. I'm looking to get a new board and do alot of kiting in the bay so even in light days we get alot of chop. I figured this would be a good way to go.
Any input is appreciated.
thanks guys
Old 05-14-2011, 07:36 AM

Hi Stacks,
You'll have to take my review with a grain of salt as I am the official area GK/ Litewave dealer.
I have been riding and teaching on the Wing for a few months now and love them! I have the 161 that seems HUGE on the beach, but on the water it rides and turns well, and boosting big jumps on it is no problem at all.
They are extremely good for digging upwind and don't spray you in the face, even in chop.
4-2" fins are set towards the heel side edge of the board, so no chance of slipping out. Riding upwind toeside is also a breeze.
The footbeds and lace-up sandal bindings are really comfy, and are available in 2 sizes. (most people will want the large ones) The toe bar feels good underfoot and gives your piggies something to grab onto when you're boosting or doing raleys.
Board handle is big, phat, and easy to grab.
I find the 161 to be a bit big and heavy for boardoffs/ board spins, but can still manage to pull them when I put my mind to it.

For the really, really light wind, I have found that if I can dive the kite and sine it back to the top before sinking into the water, I can usually get going and ride upwind. (I am using the 12m and 15m GK Trix) Once you are moving, going upwind on this board is really easy, and in high winds it's just comical how far you can point upwind.

Demos- I am at East Beach or Skyway daily, and there's several other happy Wing owners around town who will give you a test ride as well.

Price- retail is 679.00. Call me for the actual price and a super dirty discount code for ordering online.
You can find more info and product videos here:
http://kiteboardingtampabay.com/gear...wave-wing.html

BTW, KTB is also a dealer for Globe Kites, Hyperflex Wetsuits, and Vision Surfboards.

Steve Sadler (813) 389-3683
www.kiteboardingtampabay.com