FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 12-07-2010, 10:02 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

I didn't do the research on the prices, just quoted what someone else posted. I don't know what sites the individual prices were taken from. It would have been better to put in urls for all the prices quoted to be more complete. That is a good price. I wonder if you looked around it you could beat even that? On the other hand, just found the same for $1598.00 on another site. Prices will vary, shop well!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 12-07-2010, 10:40 PM

You found a site that sells the Taboo and bar for $1598? Please send me the link. What I posted is full retail Best website price. Not friends price, not 10% off price.

Through the ASM site, the Cab price looks correct.

I know you used someones post and I know you did not verify. Being a very happy Best customer due to their superior customer service and product quality I felt like I should point out a possible error.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:47 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

I bet you could find all the kites listed for both lower and higher prices if you looked around. If MSRP is listed somewhere that might be quoted but that price may not reflect what people actually might pay routinely despite manufacturer intent. The price I listed was from Air Padre, Kiteroam lists some over $2000. for the kite alone. There is a lot of variation in pricing for kites in general out there.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 12-08-2010, 05:52 AM

That would be the same for all the kites on the list then right? So maybe to make a point using an unverified post to answer someones elses claim isn't the best. I only wanted to step in for Best since I personaly did not think the listing was accurate and still dont.

Choose your own brand based on what you want and what your willing to pay. Market conditions set themselves.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:15 AM

the fin set up on some racing boards are more $$$ than the average riders entire deck.
all kites rock.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:35 AM

I'm pretty sure none of the riders in the press release were riding a course race board that would heavily rely on expensive custom fins. There was a split between fast directional boards and twin tips. Kent and Damo both used stock mix and match Futures surfing fins. I have seen a good stock quad set goes as cheap as $30 and as much as $100. That's cheap when you consider the average cost of one twintip fin is $15-20. A current model year twintip deck costs at least $400 even for the cheapest models.

It's true that course racing fins are expensive, but those are mostly custom and range from 26cm to 40cm each (x 3 or 4 for each board). Figure $175/each plus you have to pot them yourself and cut them down to the correct length that works in the board.

Plenty of kites do not "rock"...
Old 12-08-2010, 09:26 PM

no hate here mike.
i just can't resist.
it's 2 EZ mayne
Old 12-08-2010, 05:36 PM

That was a great race and felt good being on a starting line. I think Steve O and Chris also did a great job when it came to waiting for the wind and giving every one a fair start with horn signals and flags. I bet that no one would want to be in there shoes when it was 10 O clock and the breeze quit.

For the people hating on Cabrinha.... dont hate. You get what you pay for. I will ride Cabrinha over any kite hands down.

And Cab Driver I was on a twin tip, no directional for me ( I think its cheating). Just kiddin. Damo and Kent were flying on Sunday.

Pray for some Warm wind.

Mike
Old 12-08-2010, 07:40 PM

Wow, same old crap. Who gives a shit what kite people ride? Followed by the RickI "misquote" on kite prices. I know who cares about this stuff (and the only people who care) - the people that sell and distribute the kites to make money. Always looking for an "edge", a press release, anything, in efforts to sway one more rider so they can clear more money off that next possible sale. These types dream about this stuff at night (sad, I know).
Then they somehow manage to suck in so many others around them in to this ridiculous branding mindset. Heck, they even make vids following a race featuring only riders of their brand. If that is a supposed vid sharing the stoke of an event, then I am Muhammad Ali. This bias and fractured brand oriented view of kiting is not what good clean fun (which is what kiting was originally about) should be. But for those selling this stuff, stoke and fun are simply tag lines used in sales pitches to make bank. Nothing more. To believe otherwise is beyond naive.

Congrats Mike, you have always been about having fun. I am confident you indeed love your kites and it's great you are sponsored, you deserve it.
This pimping at the top is what makes some of us (especially me) disappointed as they jockey for pimp pole position (pun intended).

Scott
Old 12-08-2010, 07:55 PM

I sell cabs

I love riding cabs

Even if I didn't sell cabs I would still ride em

I love to ride

I ride with Mike often

I dont hate other kites

I hate folks that tell me my kites suck

I think the folks at cab land were just stoked to see other cab lovers supporting a great event and doing well

We all love to kite

Some of us just sell them and for that we are evil

I guess I'm an evil kite loving cab fool

I can take it

Ride on

Ride hard

Ride whatever the fuc* you want

Don't rain on someones parade

Pete is the man

Bayflight is not

Peace