FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

Old 02-17-2008, 06:04 PM
Tom Stock

Nice day, fun watching everyone ride. Had some food from the Grill courtesy of Steve (thanks)... didn't notice the drinks, but it's ok I couldn't have had one anyway since I'm doin' low carb.

Wind was up and down... rode my 9 until 2, then rode my 12 for awhile... then Billy's 12.5 for awhile, and then went back down to the 9 later... and then called it a day after my arms started cramping up.

I am burnt bad, but my arms are wrecked.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:21 PM
Skyway Scott

Nice food for sure. Billy's Ion3 seemed pretty awesome to me.
Thanks again for the loan of that perfectly tuned kite, Tom. That really made my day.
You should just throw that stock line in the trash.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:57 PM

Scott,

Sounds about right up there as well. I didn't keep as good a tabs as you did. Nothing till about noon as well, then started to fill in around 15 or so. At one, started to pickup in the upper teens and held there throughout the rest of the day. I think we may have had it the low 20's for a little but for the most part was upper teens until we left at sundown. No brats but that would have been nice.

All in all a great day out there. It was the most kites I have seen at 3 Rooker.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:26 PM
Skyway Scott

That's sounds like a little more for a little longer, maybe.

How many kites? 12?
Old 02-17-2008, 07:42 PM

East Beach was incredible today. warm sun, great wind, didn't even need a suit. Nice too see everyone enjoying the day, i counted about 38 kiters on the water at one time!

I never seemed to be crowded though, rock on!
Old 02-17-2008, 08:07 PM

Counted 14 kties in the air at one point at 3 rooker today, with 3 or 4 on the beach, most I have ever seen there, it was a really nice group to ride with. I think the wind was closer to 20 from 2:00 till we left at 5:30 still cranking when we left, still showing 15.7 kts at fred howard as I post this. Had to go down to the 138 bitch witch to keep the 14 tracking with the depower pulled in to some degree for the last 3 hours.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:14 PM
Skyway Scott

I trust your guy's take a lot more than any lame iMight sensor.
Check out PaG's readings today. :roll: http://www.iwindsurf.com/windandwher...49&siteID=1428
Old 02-17-2008, 08:26 PM

epic day at 3 rooker. Its never crowded if the crowd is all your friends. Except for some kook that knocked my kite out of the sky during a light wind contest once it filled in I was lit out of my mind on a 16 and 130x40, then sampled a few 14's with same board(thanks guys) then pumped up an 11 and stayed powered till sundown. best session to date, warm air shallow flat water sandy bottom doesnt get much better than that.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:45 PM

Thumbs up

Great session at EB; All happy faces at the end of the day. The wind was super steady I wish more days like this often, flat water, sun, 20 knots, shallow, friendly people, food, beer, good looking girls, etc.

I got a preview of Amber's pics and all look great. Check them out at her website soon.

www.kitesurfingpics.com

Cheers
Old 02-17-2008, 09:16 PM

Hate to bring up the obvious....but it is days like today that make us so cranky in the summertime. Thank God it is still February.