FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Tampa Bay Area Lost and Found
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 01-31-2010, 05:47 PM

Default ***stolen*** kite, harness, surfboard

Last week I did a down winder from Upham to Pass-A-Grille and when I was done I wrapped my 12 M RPM (Green & Grey) in my 2009 Dakine Pyro (white and Blue) and placed it in my back yard next to my 5'4'' Slingshot Caleritas Surfboard outside of my house in pass-a-grille. We usually never leave gear out but it was cold and wet so I left it tucked next to my garage hidden from plain view by a number of vehicles in my back driveway. I figured one of my roommates had borrowed it for a session or placed it in the back of one of our trucks but when we got to Jupiter this weekend and I realized it was not there i got worried.

We just got home from the Invasion, big props to Billy Parker for bringing home a victory, but unfortunately we've come to the conclusion that the entire rig was stolen. I spoke with the neighbors and one mentioned seeing a skidish women peering into cars and houses the middle of last week. We've gone to the local surfshops that were open and posted signs and will check pawn shops and the rest of the surfshops tomorrow but if anyone see's top of the line kiteboarding gear being sold in a place where it shouldn't be for a strange price, please, please, please contact me as soon as possible.

We had a paddleboard stolen from the beach about two years ago but this is the first time equiptment has ever been stolen from our physical property. We'll be filing a police report tomorrow and checking craigs list all week. Apparently the women looked like a vagrant and most likely a crackhead so I have no idea where it would be sold but any advice would be strongly appreciated. We'd be willing to offer a ***REWARD*** for any help.
Matt Sexton
727 453 9577
waterculture@gmail.com
Old 01-31-2010, 10:46 PM

check craigslist alot. had a board stolen last year, saw a rider with it and he bought it off craigslist. nothing like seeing another guy riding your board.