FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > KITEBOARDING AT ... launches, precautions, SCHOOLS, SHOPS, meets, local groups and more > Bahamian Kiteboarding Forum
Connect with Facebook

Old 10-16-2008, 09:01 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Euxmas, Bahamas

Just saw this on kiteforum and wanted to put it up here as well:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbum1236
Exuma's Rock. Been living here for almost 18 years and have seen all type of conditions. We're coming into the windy season and just got a good 22kts the past few days. We have loads of places to ride in the waves, or if flat waters your thing we've got that too. I'm not sayign it's the best of the best places to ride in the world, but i surely can't complain about the wind lifestyle. We've got one shop here on the island (great exuma) called Exuma Kitesurfing. IT only recently started but they've got the new caution gear for demo, and all those goodies. you can check their site: http://www.exumakitesurfing.com Kiteboarding in the bahamas is great, never been to Barbados but the way it sounds from loads of people they say its great for waves.

Anyways, not tryign to Pimp my home spot, but what else could i do living in paradise

Cheers!

here's some pics of the other day:

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi

Last edited by ricki; 10-20-2008 at 02:57 PM.
Old 10-19-2008, 02:37 PM
exuma kitesurfing

Default Exuma Kitesurfing Bahamas: Caution Kiteboarding demos

Hello all:

Exuma Kitesurfing is teaming up with Caution Kites, two of the best kept secrets in kiteboarding destinations and kiteboarding gear. The new for 09 Zombie is their freeride kite and the Mayhem is a full-on performance kite. The twin tip Hustler freeride and Redline freestyle boards are proven, durable performers and the Trespass wave boards are sick! The first hour of demo is free, half a day is $100, any kite and or board ... you can also use this as a credit toward purchase.

Caution Kiteboarding, based in Santa Cruz, CA, a no frills, no bull kiteboarding company that's been in business since 1999. Caution is a "kiteboarding boutique" in the true sense, independent, progressive, innovative and they don't hurry products to market just to be first. Caution owners and kite designers, Peter and Poul (not a typo) Schiebel and Jeff Burton are very approachable, passionate about kiteboarding and have really cool beards too! Search kiteforum.com, the rider comments say it all about the kites! The price points are super competitive ... in some cases $200-$500 cheaper than other kite companies equivalent size kites. The kites are bomber surf tuff and the quality control is excellent ... Caution owns their factory and offer a solid warranty and repair.

Exuma Kitesurfing is an ego-free operation and has conditions for all, beginner and advanced riders alike ... if you can't land an F-16 kiteloop, shred double-overhead, or even stay up wind or waterstart, no biggie, as long as you're having fun! we keep it personalized and friendly. Students; after your powerkite ground lesson, the first group water lessons (in knee to waist deep water) have two students maximum with two kites (as soon as one student demonstrates command and control of the kite ... you maximize your lesson time and money instead of waiting for your turn) The final two hours of the second beginner water lesson package is one-on-one. Advanced riders have all conditions to choose from, glass to waves!. Kite out the back yard of our beach house or experience one of our Kiteventures. We credit 15% of your lesson or Kiteventure purchase toward Caution kite and or board purchase.

If you're looking for plenty of other kiters and bright lights, there's probably other destinations better suited for you. If you're visiting and want to do you're own thing, cool, give me a shout and I'll point you in the right direction ... either way, get in touch and we'll have a Bahamian conch salad and Kalik beer. Exuma Kitesurfing offers, value for your money, pristine, unspoiled, crowd-free, kiteboarding in the Bahamas ... were not a kite-camp tour, we live here!

Thanks

Gary

http://www.exumakitesurfing.com/index.html

Last edited by exuma kitesurfing; 10-20-2008 at 03:15 AM.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:58 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Looks incredible there Gary. Noticed some good fares on American to Georgetown too recently. Do you have any other shots that show off kiting in the Exumas well?

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi

Last edited by ricki; 10-20-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:25 PM
exuma kitesurfing

thanks rick ... and nice to meet your group.

the photo gallery and video link is a good representation of what we have.

http://www.exumakitesurfing.com/index.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A9ci6SiTQw

the waves do get a lot bigger though when we get swell, the photos in the gallery was a small day. chris wheaton, the guy i sponsor lives on our wave spot, that's him in the photos, (he surfed until he started kiting, sound familiar) and there were a couple of days when he would not go out ... and he's pretty much fearless!

some of the launches are drive to, the best ones you need a boat, so we offer kiteventures. i would be mindful of some of the kitebeaches recommended launches, sharks, with that said, no incidences to date. just get in touch and i can point you in the right direction.

link to a story written by one of my customers that visited last march ... he also produced the video. thanks weston!:

http://eastkb.com/blog/2008/04/01/exuma-kite-trip/

thanks

gary

Last edited by exuma kitesurfing; 10-20-2008 at 03:44 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:13 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Found some more images from the Exumas and in some wind and waves.

Images are from:
http://www.kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2352607

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi