FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 12-27-2006, 07:37 AM

Talking Thanks for all the Bro love!

I'm headed back to the cold in Maryland today. I just wanted to thank everyone I met and kited with these past two days, Josh, Toby, Scott ,and all the others names I'm too dumb to remember!

The vibe here seems really cool and I'm looking forward to coming back soon. If anyone is ever in the Dewey Beach/Ocean City,Md. area,lmk. We have tons of good wave and slick riding areas to check out. I actually live in the DC / Baltimore area and there are also lots of great places to ride on the Chesapeake Bay too! Hit me up!
Don't know if Josh told ya but I'm into Final Cut and movie making so check out some of my flicks on my Myspace page.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...=vids.myvideos

Have fun this weekend, looks like more wind!!!

Dean Mikulla
spleeft@yahoo.com
Old 12-27-2006, 08:04 AM

No prob Dean, wish you could have stayed longer!!! Oh well, next time! Have a safe trip home and take care bro!!!
Old 12-27-2006, 08:29 AM
Skyway Scott

How did you like North Beach, Dean?
I know those are small waves compared to what you are use to, but at least they are moderately clean out there.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:01 AM

Default Yo

Hey, its great to have have awesome rider come in town to ride with us. I am bummed that I didnt get to ride on Christmas day with you and Josh. Oh well the breakfast was good! Stupid Lighting, but it was funny to see you jump when you up when you where getting shocked when you where on shore. LOL

RS
Old 12-27-2006, 10:14 AM

sucks to see you leave! was fun riding with you and hanging out! def. keep in touch, and look forward to riding with you agian next winter!
Old 12-27-2006, 11:29 AM

Hey Dean! it was nice meeting you. I'm glad you had a good time here in Florida. I'm sure we will see you riding here in the future. So long!

Erick
Old 12-27-2006, 07:09 PM

Thumbs up

Scott, I love Desoto. The waves were not huge but they were really fun jump ramps, and there was an occassional waist high rideable wave. the inside was fun to do tricks and still have some wiast deep water to relaunch easier if you drop your kite. I also really liked East beach , that place was really fun on the strong south winds. Its cool the ay that sandbar keeps the chop down to almost nothin' on the inside!
Shogun, for some strange reason i was able to charge my cell phone by just picking it up!!
Thanks again evryone!
Old 01-09-2007, 11:42 AM

Exclamation Crazy 65 year old with North Trainer kite!

Hey every one, I gave my dad a Trainer kite for Xmas, ( he had a strong interest ). He just called me and said he had flown it in a field by the house and was really stoked on it!
He'll prolly go to Treasure island or NB sometime to practice , so if you see a 2m North trainer sometime soon , LOOK THE HELL OUT! Seriously his name is Ernie (Moms is Bonnie) . I've shown him all the safety measures but he could prolly use some tips.
Thanks
PS going to Puerto Rico for 2+ weeks on Friday, I'll give a report when I return.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:54 AM
Can't Re-member

Don't forget to go to Shacks near Isabella when you're in PR ( unless the waves are tooo big ), Otherwise Ocean Park and Isla Verde are also nice this time of year with not as big waves ( only 5-6 footers instead of 8-12 foot ) . Wind should be NE 15-20 kts on the northshore.

Here is the kiteshop to visit on the island

http://www.velauno.com/index.html

Have fun!
Old 01-09-2007, 12:17 PM

Talking

Shacks is where I'll be riding/riding!!