FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 06-09-2006, 03:09 PM

The more I think about it the more I like the silver helmet you have better than the Spiderman helmet I have.

If you think you get kidding about wearing a helmet...just put something a little goofy on and see what happens.

Josh, The helmet thing is up to you. Personally I think it adds to the professional look and you inspire older and younger riders to pay more serious attention to your accomplishments if you look like a pro.

If you really want a great second opinion about whether you look better on the water with or without a brain bucket...ask MOM!

You know she don't lie... :roll:

Keep it stirred up and keep it real.

Danny D
Old 06-09-2006, 09:54 PM
tomstock

Actually I've been thinking about giving away my black helmet for a chrome helmet. I would have done it already but I didn't want to cut into Josh's "look". :) So instead, I'm sticking with the black helmet, and I got a new pair of olive drab harness shorts..I'm going for the army green and black look. Maybe I'll sling my ak while I'm riding (kidding)
Old 06-09-2006, 10:08 PM

when is Ebone coming out with his line of boardshorts?

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa
Old 06-09-2006, 10:23 PM

...Or his line of helmets that have a horse hair mohawk down the middle??? :lol:
Old 06-09-2006, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomstock
Actually I've been thinking about giving away my black helmet for a chrome helmet. I would have done it already but I didn't want to cut into Josh's "look". So instead, I'm sticking with the black helmet, and I got a new pair of olive drab harness shorts..I'm going for the army green and black look. Maybe I'll sling my ak while I'm riding (kidding)
yeah, i'd like to stay unique. :lol:

i like that, i stick out like a sore thumb with that sliver helmet lol
Old 06-10-2006, 06:27 AM
E-Bone

Yo, I have the boardshorts coming. Hang in there. Definitely harder to sew than a rectangular kite sack.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:14 PM
tomstock

Funny we were having this helmet discussion and whammo, a rider got a head injury and some stitches over the weekend at EB. Save yourself a $150 ambulance ride and 4 hours of time and buy a helmet.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:56 PM

Tom, you can't blame his not wearing a helmet for his injury!!!! I'm sure it all started when his hair got in his face and his lines got caught on his ear!!! Plus, he wouldn't have looked cool with a helmet on, right? :? :roll:

I honestly think that the only riders in the area that should even consider not wearing a helmet would be people like Billy Parker, Jayson Orkins, etc. and even then they could still benefit from wearing one...just in case.

But in all seriousness, enough with my sarcasm, I was thankfully not there so I did not have to see a bro get hurt however today's events probably couldn't have been avoided but the damages sure would have been minimized if a helmet were involved. I hope he is feeling much better, I heard he was concious and aware when the ambulance got there, good to hear. He has always had the right attitude and I really sorry to hear about his misfortune and wish him the best with a quick recovery.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:34 AM
tomstock

Yep Jim is a good guy. EB is a dangerous place when it's wet.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:15 PM

Jayson Orkins was riding with a helmet today. He was ripping it up as usual and great riders like him that are really good can really be a key influence and good role model for new riders if they see guys like him wearing one...good to see it Jay!!!