FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 01-09-2009, 08:11 PM

Default Vibram Five Fingers.......New Gear.

All, I have been on work trip up North from Tampa to Gulf Breez on the Pan Handle, great riding up here but the thing you all need to see is these Booties/ Foot Gloves I picked up while up here. They are called Five Fingers made by Vibram. Fantastic for thoes that do not like to wear booties but have to due to questionable areas like down in many spots in Tampa. These are like nothing else I have tried and are flying off the shelfs up here. You are able to have all the dextrely of bare feet and the protection of a soild sole. Check them out they are the future. Steveo stock these.......Will.

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/pro...ducts_flow.cfm
Old 01-10-2009, 12:40 AM

You actually want to try out the Sprint model. They are much better fit for kiteboarding IMO.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:52 AM

Thanks for the tip! Looks like I'll get a pair next! C'mon Steve-O! Size 13!!

"The biggest drawback of kiteboarding is the adverse effects it has on getting anything else done."
Old 01-10-2009, 05:12 PM

Wanted to know which model is best. They have the KSO, Flow or Sprint. I know the Sprint was recommended on this thread but I was wondering if with the Sprint you could get sand, pebbles or muck inside the shoe since in it leaves the top of you foot exposed and doesn't seem like it would form a tight seal. Please post with your experience and which model you use.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:37 PM

I will check it out. Looks like a high price point, but may be worth the cost if the comfort is there.

My experience with boots that have lots of seams, ie the area around the toes has tons of seams, don't hold up, but maybe these are different.

Would like to hear from someone that has used these for an extended period of time and the durability of them. If they only last a season and then the toes start to fall apart, then the price point seems very high. However, if the seems hold up for a couple of season, then yes they would seem worth it.

Also found a nice pair of specs that we are going to stock soon.

spexusa.com
Old 01-10-2009, 07:16 PM

I own two pairs of these. Have been wearing them for over almost two years now. Very comforable shoe. (buy the white soled ones) Best thing I ever had for working a big fish on a slippery deck, throwing a cast net off a wet platform, nothing like them, balance and ability to feel what is going on under your feet is great. Big design flaw for using the in our sport is that they do not float. I rode with them on for a few sessions but when they come off in the water they are gone. White soles don't make marks on the deck and are easier to find under water over a dark bottem.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:52 PM

$78 all over the net is the going price.

I said the sprint becuase they were recomended to me by a kite instructor who also had them for a few seasons already. The Sprint model IMO is better because its all about skin on board with control. The Sprint model is a more open shoe that feels like more direct contact with the pad and strap. Which is the second issue. The open top is a better fit (less material) inside the strap.

They both will work very well. It is probably preference. They are very durable. When I got these I actually laughed at some of the high price dive booties we use and how cheap they feel compared to these.

Remember, read the labels, these are not dive booties, these are geared for outdoor sports with those in need of more direct contact and control between their feet and the surface.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:57 PM

They do provide the best connection between foot and board of anything I have had on my feet. No doubt about it. I love the feel.

Just wanted to give a heads up that if they come off they sink.