FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 01-17-2008, 01:13 PM

scratch this thread.. 9 and 13m 2008 waroos on their way.. be in tomorrow for weekend fun.
spoke w/ Rob at EK and he gave me lowdown on the 13m.. sounds exactly what I am looking for. I am positive that a 9/15 split would be too much..
I'll keep my 16 as my lightwind cruising kite..

work bonus just announced.. all is well in the world.

tho i really wanted the 13 in purple that the only color they didnt have it in. got green.. 9m orange.

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa
Old 01-17-2008, 01:48 PM
Tom Stock

Awesome Bryan! I bet you won't use the 16 much...

Pay attention to the trim... the new 08s are very efficient so they are a little more sensitive to back stalling. The 06's you could over sheet like crazy and get a little more bottom end before they back stalled, but the 08s (at least the 9) will completely dump the power if you do that.

You are gonna like those kites.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:50 PM
Tom Stock

BTW I'd like to hear your comparison of the 9m 06 and 9m 08. As far as I can tell them are not even close to being the same kite. The new one is a hybrid C (just my opinion).
Old 01-17-2008, 04:18 PM

absolutely regarding the comparison...

At my weight, the 2006 9m only comes out in pretty litt up conditions.. maybe w/ the new kites and them having some better low end production I can get more time on it. I'd love to cover 80% of our conditions with a 9/13 split.

i rode the 12m waroo as my lightwind kite for a couple months before buying the 16.. I really was able to cover a lot of wind conditions with that kite. Once I got the 16 I got pretty lazy at trying to eek out power from a small kite when I had the large one in the car..

I tend to rig larger kites to ensure I have the power.. I am really trying to learn kiteloops and riding smaller kites with a bit less power might make them a little less painful.

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa
Old 01-17-2008, 05:17 PM

i just pick up a 10 and 14 m switchblade3 and i love these kites doesnt matter what kinda wind they will hold really stable, never back stalls zero bar pressure every thing about this kite is freakin rad serious the 14 is fast and the ten is even faster and when you boost there really floaty lots of hang time a i say they were worth every penny
Old 01-17-2008, 05:39 PM
Skyway Scott

Fantastic. It's always good to like your equipment.
Still, I could have sworn this thread was entitled "2008 Waroo" and Bryan was trying to figure out sizes.
It sort of sounds like Bryan already bought them, too.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:51 PM
Tom Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstone511 View Post
i just pick up a 10 and 14 m switchblade3 and i love these kites doesnt matter what kinda wind they will hold really stable, never back stalls zero bar pressure every thing about this kite is freakin rad serious the 14 is fast and the ten is even faster and when you boost there really floaty lots of hang time a i say they were worth every penny

Welcome, vstone, how long you been riding? What was your last quiver?
Old 01-17-2008, 06:44 PM

I actually got to ride Sam's 12M SB3 yesterday...thanks Sam. Everyone knows that I love my '07 Thrusters and am pretty vocal about it when I post. I can't say that I have ridden an '08 Waroo but what I WILL say is that I have to agree with vstone. The SB3 is a NICE kite. Boosts HUGE, to the MOON and has TONS of power for a 12M!!! Takes some getting used to though, I had it fly over my head a couple of times but I attribute that to rider error/not enough time on the kite. I will also state that I have NEVER been a Cabrinha fan but that I think they really made a nice kite with the SB3! Pretty expensive tho...Just my $0.02...
Old 01-17-2008, 07:13 PM
Tom Stock

Yeah I heard it's pretty good this year but expen$ive as you mentioned. I am surprised it flew over your head. That can make keeping the kite in the air in really gusty winds pretty difficult. Thats the only reason I didn't get a hypertype when they were on sale.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:38 PM

tom hey whats up
i started riding last summer i havent rode any best kites but i have heard tons of pro's and con's about them more so con's i just got my first quiver switchblade 3 i have riden slingshot, liquid force, monkey kites and had looked at best as a possible choice along with cabrinha and slingshot i was just making a suggestion on these kites i wasnt sure if he had bought kites yet