FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 09-02-2007, 06:58 PM
<jason

Thumbs down anybody ride saturday/sunday night

Went to bigbeach sat saw two kites up. I pumped up and my wife started to launch it for me,the line were slack their was a lul then it picked up bent the LE into a Z shape and exploded the LE bladder and the kite. I was so pissed i could have cried, plus i didnt bring an extra kite! I wonder if their will be any wind tomorrow.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:46 PM
Skyway Scott

You didn't miss much. I would say it was blowing 7 to 10 knots, max.
I was on the red RRD kite screwing around in front of the pier to take advantage of the current of about 1 knot right in that area.

I assumed you deflated the kite on purpose 'cuz of the low wind. It was a yellowish orange with blue Naish (or similar), right?
It was so light at times that when I hit the beach my kite wanted to fall from the sky.
Not such a hot day for kiting. You really didn't miss much.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:06 PM
<jason

Im sure people have said this before, but after u left no sh#t the storm was still pretty far out but the wind picked up to at least 18nkts the water was like a washing machine. Yea that totally sucks i've got one kite left. It was an rrd that bit the dust....and my fuel needs bladders, so im reduced to my old ass LF-15 until my christmas bonus...although that is my luck.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:43 AM
Skyway Scott

I definitely believe the wind picked up. We could see it honking out in the channel as we were packing up. It's just not worth it to risk it this time of year, lightning and all.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:01 PM

Picked up up to 15 knots at Sunset today for Labor day. Couldn't believe it. Just enough to do some rolls Anybody else catch a session?
Old 09-03-2007, 10:19 PM

Damn. I noticed a bit of wind on the north side of the causeway today and thought about going back home to get my gear but I was afraid the wind was a little light. Glad to hear you got some kite time in. I wish I went to sunset instead......bummer