FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2008, 08:15 AM

Default 3 Rooker Strikes Again

After all the feedback I got yesterday (Sunday) of skunk central at the end of the day....I was blown away that we were able to knock out 8 lessons with a full day of teaching at 3-rooker. It was by no means epic, had some up and down conditions, but we had 15+ winds most of the day with the front finally filling in around 4pm. The only bummer of that place is the strong N to S current that makes it difficult to go upwind when the winds are light.

Thanks to everyone for your referrals....I still believe we are offering the most complete and safest teaching program in Tampa Bay.

As some of you may know, Doug Whidman, who taught for Watersports West all season as taken a full time postion in the outer banks with Kitty Hawk Kites. They have plans to build a full service school and retail shop right next to Real Kiteboarding. A resort if you will. With all the backlash of Real Kiteboarding out there, Kitty Hawk will be a great alternative when visiting the outer banks. Give Doug a call and let em know I sent ya!!! Good luck Doug.

Finally, happy to announce that Steve Sadler has stepped up to the plate and joined the team at WSW. It was his first day at 3-rooker, and I think he was blown away. I look forward to building a strong relationship with Steve through the years. He has alot of great ideas and most of all great heart. This sport needs guys like him.