FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

Old 04-14-2008, 08:15 AM

Default 3 Rooker Strikes Again

After all the feedback I got yesterday (Sunday) of skunk central at the end of the day....I was blown away that we were able to knock out 8 lessons with a full day of teaching at 3-rooker. It was by no means epic, had some up and down conditions, but we had 15+ winds most of the day with the front finally filling in around 4pm. The only bummer of that place is the strong N to S current that makes it difficult to go upwind when the winds are light.

Thanks to everyone for your referrals....I still believe we are offering the most complete and safest teaching program in Tampa Bay.

As some of you may know, Doug Whidman, who taught for Watersports West all season as taken a full time postion in the outer banks with Kitty Hawk Kites. They have plans to build a full service school and retail shop right next to Real Kiteboarding. A resort if you will. With all the backlash of Real Kiteboarding out there, Kitty Hawk will be a great alternative when visiting the outer banks. Give Doug a call and let em know I sent ya!!! Good luck Doug.

Finally, happy to announce that Steve Sadler has stepped up to the plate and joined the team at WSW. It was his first day at 3-rooker, and I think he was blown away. I look forward to building a strong relationship with Steve through the years. He has alot of great ideas and most of all great heart. This sport needs guys like him.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:38 AM

I watched you guys from sunset park for 4 hours...not even enough of a breeze to fly my kite...

What a waste. I'm not a hater though, glad you guys had enough to get through all those lessons.

Glad to hear Steve S. is working with your guys now. Seems like there are alot of good guys named Steve in this sport.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal8199 View Post

Glad to hear Steve S. is working with your guys now. Seems like there are alot of good guys named Steve in this sport.
Haha! You should hear my phone calls to the shop!
"Hey Steve, this is Steve, could I talk to Steve?"
~Steve
Old 04-15-2008, 07:30 AM

Talking So many Steves at 3 Rooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kite-4-life View Post
Haha! You should hear my phone calls to the shop!
"Hey Steve, this is Steve, could I talk to Steve?"
~Steve
As another Steve joining the sport I can definitely confirm the fact that YES - there are a whole bunch of STEVE's in this sport. It is pretty funny when the response from everyone now is "which Steve are you refering to?" All that aside... I just wanted to say a big thanks to Steve-O and Steve Sadler. I am a complete newbie to the sport and totally stoked that this past Sunday at with the help and guidance from those two trainers - I managed to get up and ride at 3 rooker!!! What a cool spot!!! I definitely appreciate the help getting out there as well. I am pretty sore this week from all the work but completely believe it is well worth the effort. I look forward to much more time out there with you guys.
As an aside - The efforts and the follow-up communication the guys put forth was outstanding!!! I'm not the easiest person to get a hold of (weekend warrior - with tons of work during the week) but Steve-O and Steve Sadler persisted. Thanks to them in addition to an honorable mention for Matt Sexton I have managed to get out there a few times and practice safety first with every lesson. You guys are passionate about this sport and inspire others. Thank you!!!
Steven Nekava - Newbie to the sport!!!
Old 04-19-2008, 08:23 PM

Saturday report.....15-20 at the Rooker today. Beautiful day!!!!!!
Old 04-20-2008, 08:17 AM

Wow - lucky!! I was on the Gulf at Treasure - 8 Knots - maybe. That is very interesting.....
Old 04-14-2008, 09:50 AM

3 rooker ROCKS!
What rocks even more is seeing 8 new kiters learning safely in a great spot, and seeing their faces when everything comes together and they take their first controlled ride on the board!

Dougie Fresh is definitely going to be missed around here and I look forward to visiting Kitty Hawk and checking out their spots. (Maybe we should plan a little group trip up there this summer?)
Kite safe!
www.kiteboardingtampabay.com
www.TBKA.org
Old 04-14-2008, 10:00 AM

Thanks, Steve(s) for the help yesterday and thank Shaggy for me when you see him next. Please pass my phone # along to him, too.

Matt O