FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 04:19 PM

Yo Magnum, I sense a little...mmm...are you upset about something? If you are referring to last Sunday, those were put there in side shore winds for a small group of professional riders to session...and it was awesome. They were not put there to encourage anyone else to try and hit...

You may or may not know that normally we put them out on the otherside of the channel in the no-motor zone. We keep them on the shoreline in different places and yes we do use our 33 jet skis to move them around all over the place.

What's your name magnum? Have we ridden together?
Old 03-09-2008, 04:28 PM

Christophe,

Sounds good to me. I think it's a great idea to connect the events. Good for kiting, good for Fla and good for kiters...

And lets add a few miles on your downwinder to Key Largo and head into Islamorada...eventually cover the entire east coast...maybe we could finally get permission to round the cape and we could session some of Florida's best waves!!!
Old 03-09-2008, 10:56 PM

Default hmm

Brad I am going to totally agree with Sir Magnum on this one. You totally invite a bunch of your kiter-noobs to your beach week after week and encourage them so greatly to hit the slider that is so conveniently placed 10 feet off of your beach, meanwhile teasing them with cookies asking them to loop there kite very close to the beautiful palm trees of whale harbor where all the innocent spectators stand about.
Live on seven
-Bobby
Old 03-10-2008, 09:17 AM

thanks bobby-

Magnum, four years ago that wasn't a spot. I developed it. I have spent tons of money and time to keep this launch open (to the public). I'm for sure not going to do anything wilingly to loose it now. On the contrary, our session on Sunday with 30+ kites was great for Islamorada, our sport and that spot (the owners were there all day watching and they loved it...and they DO know the dangers).

The wind was side, side on-shore; no bystanders were in the window, cars were not downwind, and the palms are there as protection. When you can hit the kicker as hard as you want, miss the pass and loop the kite four times as you get drug like 200 feet and you are still a kite line away from shore, it is ok by me. Many people crashed...we crashed all day on 7's, 9's and 10m kites. Kites looped near the shore, for sure. If it was ON shore it would have looked much different.

I'll admit that it might have been inconvenient for kiters to come and launch in the middle of that session unless they were comfortable riding with kiters all around.

I wish you had some video...I would love to see it!!! I think there are some pics. We are on the same side Magnum...we want the same thing. I would be happy to discuss it more with you if you want. You know where to find me...(I don't know where to find you, but that's ok...you can keep your alias...it might be cool if you introduced yourself to me in person...if you really want to help keep launches open...)

with love-
B-rad
Closed Thread